Seat Heating Coils

I picked up my '93SC4 a little over a year ago and noticed from the first time I tried using the heated seat(s) that they took what I considered to be an awfully long time to heat up (about 5 to 7 minutes). Then just last week, I got in a friends '05 Saab 9 5 and couldn't believe it when my butt started getting hot after only about 90 seconds!

I chalked-up that disparity to the age difference between the two cars. I'm not saying that my heating coils have gotten "weak" over the course of 13 years, because the passenger seat takes just as long to get warm as the drivers. I think it probably has a lot more to do with the technological advancements available now versus then - plus, the Saab might have a higher power supply.

Anyway, I said all of that to say this: I'm seriously considering swapping out the seat heating coils for newer ones. Maybe from an SC430. Or anything comparable to the specs (power usage, etc.) of the stock seat heating coils. I'm tired of having to wait til i'm half-way 'there' before getting heat in my seat.

Any suggestions? Anyone ever bothered trying to do this before?

Thanks.