Lexus/becker Rear Entertainment Lcd - Help?

Hi all. This is my first posting here so I hope I can get some help. Last month I started a project that involved building a home music server with an integrated LCD display on the servers front panel. I searched ebay for a low cost LCD display and I came across a seller that was auctioning off 12 rear type roof mount flip down LCD panels but with no knowledge of what they were, where they came from or even if they worked at all. I took a chance and won the auction. The LCD flip down panels arrived a few days ago. I looked everywhere on them for a hint of who they were from or what vehicle they go to - nothing, except for the name Becker etched into the printed circuit board inside. I researched Becker and found that the unit came with a DVD player, wireless headphones, and a remote control - it's described as being a top end DVD playback system with special video processing done by Harmon/Becker. The screen is a 6.5" widescreen type, and the panel includes inputs for composite, L/R audio, and S-Video input,, as well as 2 headphone connections. So why am I here? Well I was able to decipher the wires and power up the screen (remember I don't have the DVD unit, just 12 flip down LCD screens in the pods). Upon power up the screen displays LEXUS with the Lexus symbol. Obviously these screens came from Lexus vehicles. More research revealed that the screens are Becker Vision Pro screens. I need the screens to accept a video input, either thru the main line in (DVD) ot from the front panel. On power up the unit shows DVD as a default power up setting. There is in the harness what appears to be a 75 ohm sheilded video cable that I am assuming came from the DVD unit (but why would they send the DVD signal on such a limited type of cable?). But when I apply a video signal to it I get nothing on the screen. When I connect a composite or S-Video signal to the front panel still nothing (I thought they would auto sense a signal, but not here). There are more wires, namely 2 grounds, a thin 3 volt out, a thin 2 volt out, a thin 12 volt out, and a thick 12 volt out, along with 2 pairs of audio in's and 2 pairs of audio outs.

So does anyone know if I can get a video signal into the panel to display? Is there some kind of trigger I need to sense the video? ANd what kind of signal comes from the DVD player that is carried on a shielded cable? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jimmy