Does Your Tach Needle ...

thieaux

Thanks sapper_daddy, my tach actually rides lower , thats way i was getting wrong idle reading, thinking my idle was off, and the culprit was the needle, knowing this earlier would have save me a lot of time with tps, tb and ecu checking..... :cheers::cheers:

Thanks sapper_daddy, my tach actually rides lower , thats way i was getting wrong idle reading, thinking my idle was off, and the culprit was the needle, knowing this earlier would have save me a lot of time with tps, tb and ecu checking.....:cheers: :cheers:

wow how do you figure that happened? kinda wierd don't you think? man i just fixed my gas gauge by replacing two of the little capacitors on the attatched circuit board. i was so pumped up becuase it didn't cost me but about three bucks and about 15 min of fighting with those damn connectors of the backside :)

I read somewhere that the needles actually loose the "glue' that holdem together and star to slip". since

everything checked out , the tps, the isc , and i had a steady idle no jerking no hesitation , and my voltage reading on the alternator wass above 13.7 , so i figired it was somthing wrong with the needle , so one day the sun was hitting the dash directly and i saw my needle way down , and when i turn the ignition i saw it go up till 2 bars before the zero, and i sais this isnt right . so started looking for dash pictures and i saw that the needles actually rested on the zero bar not below :huh: , so i asked you guys \

thanks for the reply sapper , another thing have u figured out a way of fixing the burnt out needle in the tach

I read somewhere that the needles actually loose the "glue' that holdem together and star to slip". since

everything checked out , the tps, the isc , and i had a steady idle no jerking no hesitation , and my voltage reading on the alternator wass above 13.7 , so i figired it was somthing wrong with the needle , so one day the sun was hitting the dash directly and i saw my needle way down , and when i turn the ignition i saw it go up till 2 bars before the zero, and i sais this isnt right . so started looking for dash pictures and i saw that the needles actually rested on the zero bar not below :huh: , so i asked you guys \

thanks for the reply sapper , another thing have u figured out a way of fixing the burnt out needle in the tach

yeah i think i got a fix for you at least you could try it,it will only cost you about 1.50 to try it then if not i think i know what to do but gimmie some more info. is it just that needle? if so let me know

there is a 212 capacitor that makes some of the needles go out and takes about an hour to do it even with no experience, click here and there's alot of info> look for that c212 capacitor and call radio shak and ask for a 16v/10uf should be 99 cents! i'd definitly try that first. Thanks to Blake918 for showing me that thread!!! Keep me updated! If nothing else there is that parts car i mentioned earlier i could snag it and see what happens!! Oh and there is always these losers........... click here

THanks sapper ,great info, according to lexls my cluster is different. to yours mine is a 92 and the cluster use different caps, It's not a big deal to have my tach needle blacked out , but it does bother me a little , ill just have to wait and dedicate some time to the board , cause everything else in the cluster is fine , i guess is the infamous conductive paint in the back of the needle.

Then again i have the no power after 4000 issue that i want to resolve , alot people keep saying that if the car runs fine why worrie, And i say cause i payed for v8 and im expecting a v8 , if i would wanted " a just fine car"i would stock with my jetta.... :pirate:

THanks sapper ,great info, according to lexls my cluster is different. to yours mine is a 92 and the cluster use different caps, It's not a big deal to have my tach needle blacked out , but it does bother me a little , ill just have to wait and dedicate some time to the board , cause everything else in the cluster is fine , i guess is the infamous conductive paint in the back of the needle.

Then again i have the no power after 4000 issue that i want to resolve , alot people keep saying that if the car runs fine why worrie, And i say cause i payed for v8 and im expecting a v8 , if i would wanted " a just fine car"i would stock with my jetta....:pirate:

yeah i definitly hear ya on that one, plus that cannot be healthy for it in the first place so it could reduce engine life!