Change Wheels Out And Still Have Tire Pressure Sensor Work?

I was just trying to figure out whether or not it is possible to get aftermarket wheels for the IS350 or not. And also, whether the tire pressure monitoring system would work if you changed to non lexus wheels. The reason I ask is the dealer I am talking to states that the car they had to demo with aftermarket wheels had them taken off as the sensors are part of the rim. And that they are not able to change them over to other wheels. My take was the monitor system was part of the valve stem, but maybe I am wrong. Can anyone shed some light on this.

Also if you have any pics of or links to wheels that are aftermarked or the g wheels I would appreciate it.

It is possible that the monitering system can work with aftermarket wheels. You are correct that the moniter is part of the valve stem, but if the aftermarket rims valve stem placement is much different than the stock rims valve stem placement it is possible the sensor would not fit properly in the new rim. If you bring in a wheel to your local lexus dealer they should be able to tell you wether or not the sensor will work with it. O and talk to a service manager, as a salesman probably wont be too helpfull.