Increase Fog Light Brightness Question

Remove the metal frame inside the foglight.

How is this going to improve the situation? If you are talking about the reflector, wouldn't removing it just cause the light to spill out in a sloppy, uncontrolled pattern? This of course would decrease the available light output in the intended direction and likely distract/blind oncomming traffic.

Remove the metal frame inside the foglight.

How is this going to improve the situation? If you are talking about the reflector, wouldn't removing it just cause the light to spill out in a sloppy, uncontrolled pattern? This of course would decrease the available light output in the intended direction and likely distract/blind oncomming traffic.

Not really, because I had mines removed and the foglight just spreads more towards the bottom left and right. It is brighter than having the reflector on. That's my for my opinion. But I also have hid's installed

• 1 month later...

Taggar, if you would like to trade for the clear lights let me know. E-mail me Malafe2k@hotmail.com.

You could get a McCulloch 3000k HID kit for the fogs. I did and the yellow is brighter than ever. These kits run around $300 on ebay

McCulloch are not as bright as Piaa's. But piaa's only sell hid bulbs not ballast. So what I did want I went to buy 2 JDM ballast and brought the piaa bulbs. But that cost me $650. total. That alot of money compare to ebay but it was brighter than the McCulloh I had before.

Taggar, if you would like to trade for the clear lights let me know. E-mail me Malafe2k@hotmail.com.

You could get a McCulloch 3000k HID kit for the fogs. I did and the yellow is brighter than ever. These kits run around $300 on ebay

McCulloch are not as bright as Piaa's. But piaa's only sell hid bulbs not ballast. So what I did want I went to buy 2 JDM ballast and brought the piaa bulbs. But that cost me $650. total. That alot of money compare to ebay but it was brighter than the McCulloh I had before.

I agree the piaa are alot brighter but they also cost alot more. Too rich 4 my blud

I agree the piaa are alot brighter but they also cost alot more. Too rich 4 my blud

Actually I never really knew about the brightest between brands, So I did go with the cheap bulbs first, But I went thru 4 HID bulbs to finally get the Piaa's, I went from stock,McCulloch,JDM, then finally piaa's.