Bye Bye Jl :(

ArmyofOne

My 10w2 just blew sky high tonite! :cheers::lol: I shouldnt really be celebrating, but it was kind of funny, it was working fine (loudly) one minute, next minute i smelled the voice coil burning, but i idnt know what ti was as the sub has always done that (since i got it). a few minutes later the smell became overpowering, and the the sub cut out. didnt just give static, it straight up stopped working.

I pulled into the audio shop that did the install (since i was right there anyways) and popped my trunk. BILLOWS of smoke and that aweful smell came from the trunk and sub box. i turned the car on, the amp didnt power up, so i was thinking the worst.

An hour later, we found out that condensation on the coil, coupled with overpowering of the speaker (600W to a 10W2 is too much) Blew it so bad that it backflowed electricity to the amp fried its fuse, and blew the fuse at the battery as well.

so I upgraded to a W3V2.4 for $25, because it was all under warranty. and it worked great! for 5 seconds, then everything shut off again....hmm...checked the main fuse, BLOWN.

so WTF, he replaced the fuse one more time and reset the gains on the amp. this time it ran for about 15 seconds, then popped. so he left the gains where they were, put in a 60 amp fuse (i guess its a 60 amp, he said he was putting in a "60" )and it ran fine, so he retuned the gains and i cranked her all the way home.

the old woofer was TOAST. :D