Flashing Normal Suspension Light

Minister D

Hi All,

I am a new member and was delighted to find this forum - already wasted hours reading unrelated post :D Nice job eveyone!

So here is the cry for help. I recently bought an LS400 91 Lexus that had been standing still for 18 months. After a quick battery charge it fired straight up - not bad eh! However, it appears that the air suspension is not working at all. The four wheels are sitting really low - and importantly the 'Suspension Normal light' is flashing.

I also turned the suspension on/off switch located in the boot on and off, maybe this did something - the suspension has never 'pumped up' - if that makes sense.

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts, ideas, suggestions as I am completely lost.

Minister

That's the sign that the system is in confusion and you should do a full reset.

Make sure the trunk switch is in the ON position. Then, remove the negative pole from the battery for a couple minutes to reset it.

If it still flashes after that you may have bigger problems such as a really heavy leak where the system sees that it's doing its dearest to raise the car to no avail, or the pump may not be working at all.

At this point you need to find some one who has done this before, (dealer or whoever) to troubleshoot the system, or you could find yourself a nice conversion kit.

Good luck. Keep us updated.