Excess Speaker Noise...

I thought it was from the cassette tapes, but now it's happening even when radio is on. I hear a sound that's hard to describe except it sounds electrical induced. It sounds like the speaker could be blown, but I doubt that because the previous owners took such good care of the car ('99 GS400). It only seems to be the right front speaker. Has anybody experienced this problem? And what would be the most cost effective option to get rid of it?

Thanks

Only way to know is to disconnect speaker and hook up another and see if it still does it. if it does it's the deck or amp, if not it's the speaker. Yes, 6 year old speakers do rot and deteriorate.

Thanks TurboGS300... Is it difficult to remove the speaker cover on the door panel... I haven't tried it yet, but I don't see it being an easy project unless it pops right off?

Only way to know is to disconnect speaker and hook up another and see if it still does it. if it does it's the deck or amp, if not it's the speaker. Yes, 6 year old speakers do rot and deteriorate.

Thanks TurboGS300... Is it difficult to remove the speaker cover on the door panel... I haven't tried it yet, but I don't see it being an easy project unless it pops right off?

Not sure, however I don't believe any lexus speakers covers just pop off! I believe you'll have to remove the door panel. <_<

Remove the door panel to access the speaker. First remove the screws. Grap the edges of the panel with your fingers and pop the clips out of the door gently. The panel lifts right off. The bowden cables must be disconnected from the interior handle and lock button when the panel is several inches away from the door, so be ready. Also you'll have to disconnect the the electrical connectors.

post-4610-1128453658_thumb.jpg

Remove the door panel to access the speaker. First remove the screws. Grap the edges of the panel with your fingers and pop the clips out of the door gently. The panel lifts right off. The bowden cables must be disconnected from the interior handle and lock button when the panel is several inches away from the door, so be ready. Also you'll have to disconnect the the electrical connectors.

Thanks once again Turbo, you have been very helpful.

The "roadrunner"

My bad, meant to say GuyTelefunken...

1000 apologies... got you mixed up with Turbo... both of you have been great in your responses ...

Thanks again,

My bad, meant to say GuyTelefunken...

1000 apologies... got you mixed up with Turbo... both of you have been great in your responses ...

Thanks again,

That's OK, Guy's my brother from another mother so it's all good! :P