split from tells us about,

Hi, new to the forum here.

My wife and I just purchased a 99 ES 300 from a neighbor. The car has 57K miles and is in near showroom condition.

The service history has a few wierd things. First, to get the car to pass MD State inspection they had to replace the front strut support sub assemblies.

It has also been to the dealer in Annapolis MD 3 times for the air bag light coming on in the dash. It seems the wiring harness under the seat is too short, and when the seat is slid all the way back, the harness becomes unpluged.

Also, at 43k miles the exhaust manifold and a sensor were replaced, under warranty.

The history shows a few little minor eletrical things too. All of this suprises me as the Lexus reputaion for quality is second to none. I have owned 2 Acuras in the past and they were both super reliable cars. I think that Japanese cars are the most reliable cars on the road.

I am not to worried the car however. The neighbors (original owners) who sold us the car are very meticulous about their vehicles and I know the car was maintaned by the dealer, by the book.

We paid $11,700 for the car - a great deal according to the web for used 99 ES 300's.

I have it insured through Liberty Mutual, full coverage for $625 a year ( I am 42 years old with a spotless driving record).

The car will be my daily driver to and from work most of the time. My other car is a 99 Corvette Coupe that has some intake, exhaust and suspension mods.

Question: Does ANYONE make a cold air intake set up and larger sway bars for 99 ES 300's ????

I have found aftermarket shocks, struts and coilovers, but that is about it. There is not too much available in the way of aftermarket exhausts either.

I would like to firm up the ride a bit, most likely by changing to 17 X 7.5 rims and a good all season performance tire.

So, if anyone can point me in a direction for the cold air intake and swaybars, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.