Engine Swapping Help

Hello everyone I have a major problem and I would like to ask for your help. I have a 1st Generation GS 300 (94 GS300) it runs well but the power is just not there. I'm thinking of changeing out the engine but I want to know what are my choices.

I can get a low mileage 1st Generation engine, but I really want to get a more recent model engine like say a 96,97 or 98 GS 300 or GS 400 the question I have is about mounting will these engine mount to my stock chassis without modifications?

Also if anyone know of a newer model engine that I can get for this job that will mount to my chassis without modifications please let me know(gmcclintock@hotmail.com) you help will be greately appreciated.

93-97 should be basically the same. 98&up will require replacing harness and ECU, I believe. If it was me I'd do the 2jz-gte motor from a 93-97 aristo, you'll have to do ECU and harness as well. The gs4 motor would be cool as it's not done very often, however the GTE would give you more options later on. With the price of gas these days and the future of it, you may want to stick a 4 cylinder corolla motor in there :lol:

93-97 should be basically the same. 98&up will require replacing harness and ECU, I believe. If it was me I'd  do the 2jz-gte motor from a 93-97 aristo, you'll have to do ECU and harness as well.  The gs4 motor would be cool as it's not done very often, however the GTE would give you more options later on. With the price of gas these days and the future of it, you may want to stick a 4 cylinder corolla motor in there :lol:

:blink:

I agree stick with the corolla engine!!!! 30mpg vs 17mpg and the looks you get when you pop the hood :unsure: