Cd Skips

ej115

I have recently purchased a 98 ES 300 and have a OEM Premium Sound System with 6 CD changer. I have a lot of trouble with my CDs skipping. It is not always the same CD at the same place and I have checked to make sure the CDs are clean. My CDs did not do this in my old car. Could it be the 6 changer cartridge? I don't want to think it is the player itself. Does the dealership fix these? Where would I purchase a new cartridge?

Thanx,

ej115

I have recently purchased a 98 ES 300 and have a OEM Premium Sound System with 6 CD changer. I have a lot of trouble with my CDs skipping. It is not always the same CD at the same place and I have checked to make sure the CDs are clean. My CDs did not do this in my old car. Could it be the 6 changer cartridge? I don't want to think it is the player itself. Does the dealership fix these? Where would I purchase a new cartridge?

Thanx,

ej115

Sometimes this problem can be corrected with a CD Laser Lens Cleaner.

After years of use the lens gets dirty and it can't read the CD properly.

Something like this:http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?MSCS...uct%5Fid=42-227