Need Parts Names/sellers For Timing Belt Change

molod100

Hi,

I see a good tutorial on this job, but trying to order parts got confused.

I have The :) '91 LS400 with 136K on it. I've been driving it the last 40K.

Checked with Lexus national database - no records were found on changing timing belt in my car :(((

Also both rear stabilazer linkages got pretty worn, so the you can hear "jumping serenade" noise when driving on bad roads (though air suspension seems to be in tact).

Can someone reply with exact parts names and suggest good internet stores for OEM parts. Which tensioner would I need - hydrolic or bearing???

I found www.car-stuff.com, but not sure if anyone had any experience with them?

How these prices sound in your opinion??? They also have FREE shipping !

T.Belt - $55.40

W.Pump - $99.40

hydrolic tensioner - $50.00

rear sway bar link - $31.50 - do you folks know, if this is the same as stabilizer linkage??? - a short arm with 4 bolts?

REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP ON THIS!!!

You might try Ebay, and look for the "kit". It would include both tensioner and idler rollers, along with the belt, pump and tensioner piston assy. It might also be a good time to replace the distributor caps and rotors. Most waterpumps don't come with the o-ring seals you should replace with the pump. Get these from the dealer, about $5 for both.

Hi,

I have The :) '91 LS400 with 136K on it.  I've been driving it the last 40K.

Checked with Lexus national database - no records were found on changing timing belt in my car :(((

Also both rear stabilazer linkages got pretty worn, so the you can hear "jumping serenade" noise when driving on bad roads (though air suspension seems to be in tact).

Can someone reply with exact parts names and suggest good internet stores for OEM parts. Which tensioner would I need - hydrolic or bearing???

How these prices sound in your opinion???  They also have FREE shipping !

T.Belt - $55.40

W.Pump - $99.40

rear sway bar link - $31.50 - do you folks know, if this is the same as stabilizer linkage??? - a short arm with 4 bolts?

If you mean brake rotors, done last year, but thanks!

Could you tell me more about rear stabilazer linkages? Are these called rear sway bar links, or there is something else?

See if you guys have any other suggestions.

Based on posts here, I fully updated my LS, except for the timing belt.

Changed between 100K and 120K:

Steering wheel pump

All Break Rotors - 1 year ago

Starter

Alternator

A/C compressor

Tires - less then a year - Toyo Proxies TPT - recommend! (on my LS400 I have GS '93-97 16" OEM wheels with 225-55R16 H rated Toyos - look very nice!)

You might try Ebay, and look for the "kit". It would include both tensioner and idler rollers, along with the belt, pump and tensioner piston assy. It might also be a good time to replace the distributor caps and rotors. Most waterpumps don't come with the o-ring seals you should replace with the pump. Get these from the dealer, about $5 for both.
Hi,

I have The :) '91 LS400 with 136K on it.  I've been driving it the last 40K.

How these prices sound in your opinion???  They also have FREE shipping !

T.Belt - $55.40

W.Pump - $99.40

If you mean brake rotors, done last year, but thanks!

Not the Brake rotors, the ignition rotors, under the distributor caps. When you change the timing belt/water pump, It's a good time to change lots of stuff, like ignition wires, caps & rotors, spark plugs, cam seals, transmission fluid, coolant, etc.

The rear end is another job for another day. Visually inspect all bushings for tears, displacement and wear/cracks. Rest the car frame on jackstands, so the rear susp. is hanging free. Then jack up the individual sides and differential, one at a time, to look for bushing displacement under load.