97 Ls400 Rear Dvd Install

Hi all,

Here is my situation.

I installed a rear overhead screen and a 6 DVD changer in the trunk.

The video setup works great, BUT there is no sound.

I was planning to use IR headphones for the rear passengers and also to hook up the sound to my stock radio through FM Modulator. I need this because the DVD changer also plays MP3 and CDR which I can not play in my stock Pioneer CD changer. Well, I hooked up the FM Mod and the sound is horrific :( After trying all the output frequencies, the sound got better, but not anywhere near the acceptable quality. I am looking for an alternative for an FM Mod. I am thinking of somehow tapping into the inputs for the stock AMP as an alternative, but I don't know if this is possible due to voltages and such.

Please help me with this one!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all,

Here is my situation.

I installed a rear overhead screen and a 6 DVD changer in the trunk.

The video setup works great, BUT there is no sound.

I was planning to use IR headphones for the rear passengers and also to hook up the sound to my stock radio through FM Modulator.  I need this because the DVD changer also plays MP3 and CDR which I can not play in my stock Pioneer CD changer.  Well, I hooked up the FM Mod and the sound is horrific :(  After trying all the output frequencies, the sound got better, but not anywhere near the acceptable quality.  I am looking for an alternative for an FM Mod.  I am thinking of somehow tapping into the inputs for the stock AMP as an alternative, but I don't know if this is possible due to voltages and such.

Please help me with this one!

did you ever work this out? I've been thinking about getting a fm mod.