Now What Should I Do? Tested Speakers & Amp

The Driver's side front 4" Pioneer speaker is not putting out sound, same problem with the tweeter on the same driver's side.

I installed a replacement factory OEM radio and the same problem occurred, so the head unit with built-in amp is not the problem.

I also installed a replacement speaker to test, still no sound at all.

I am not very handy with electrical work, but is this a wiring issue, or a short circuit somewhere? I suspected that the speakers were fine, because I think there is a correlation here knowing that the 2 speakers that are out are on the same side.

• 2 weeks later...
The Driver's side front 4" Pioneer speaker is not putting out sound, same problem with the tweeter on the same driver's side.

I installed a replacement factory OEM radio and the same problem occurred, so the head unit with built-in amp is not the problem.

I also installed a replacement speaker to test, still no sound at all.

I am not very handy with electrical work, but is this a wiring issue, or a short circuit somewhere? I suspected that the speakers were fine, because I think there is a correlation here knowing that the 2 speakers that are out are on the same side.

follow the wire to the radio look for ripps in the line i install radios for a living... worse comes to worse run a new speaker line from the harness. my advice is get rid of the system all together im in the process of taking out my nakamichi system out of my 93 ls

Thanks for the info. I'm not too picky about sound, so I'd prefer to save the factory system. Do you happen to know where the wires are run to be able to trace them? And how many wires from the speaker/tweeter? I would assume that most breaks occur at the source, and from what I described, with both the same side tweeter and speaker out, that the breal would be at the harness on the amp side?

Or is there any other possibility besides a break in wires that could cause it?