2000 Rx300 Audio/amp Install/tuning Questions

I recently replaced my amp in my 2000 rx300 and i'm having a bit of trouble trying to tune the AMP and produce a better bass quality..

I was hoping someone on here might be able to give me some advice..

obviously since there are no pre-amp outputs on the deck (non nakamichi) I am tapping the line out of the lexus amp to the sub to a hi/lo converter and running that to my amp (i think this was the recommended install method I saw in other threads) and from there I am now running to a phoenix gold xenon 400.1 amp (400w x 1 @ 2ohm) to a image dynamics idq12 v2 dual 4 ohm (connecting + to + .. - to - then running one neg one pos off each side to amp) to produce a 2 ohm load.. so it should be pushing 400w to the speaker and the idq12 is rated at 700w max 350w rms.. so everything sounds fine and I can tune it alright.. but I really am not familiar with propper tuning to know what I should adjust first.. or where to start.. it seems I can tune it perfectly for the best sound for a particular song/cd but in general switching songs/cds gives completely different results.. and hten finding a balance for cd audio i get a much different performance running on the radio signal.. seems like almost no bass is present when listening to the radio.. maybe audio quality?

so I guess I would need to know .. how do you set your deck configuration.. bas/mid/treb levels.. when tuning.. then where do you use them when listening..

how should i adjust my hi / lo cutoffs..

whats the best way to tune the amp.. loud volume? low volume? the various adjustments on my amp include.. twin t-bass eq / input sensitivity / low pass crossover / subsonic filter ..

should i remove the hi/lo converter?

any help would really be appreciated.. the guide for the amp is found here :

ftp://208.187.38.55/Phoenix_Gold/Ma...onampmanual.pdf