Tampa Bay Area Mechanic?

deejay

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good mechanic in the Tampa Bay area for my '92 LS400? Have had some work done at the dealer, but they seem very overpriced to me. Even simple things that cost under $50.00 at most places cost as much as $200 more at the dealer.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good mechanic in the Tampa Bay area for my '92 LS400?  Have had some work done at the dealer, but they seem very overpriced to me.  Even simple things that cost under $50.00 at most places cost as much as $200 more at the dealer.

Oh yes I agree. Lexus of Tampa Bay is way overpriced. Im near the USF area. Depending on what you need done, I know a few guys that do cheap, right in front of you-jobs, in return, they are not experts on the Lexus brand, but I usually know what needs to be done, but dont have the tools necessary to do the work.

So what type of work do you need to get done? Maybe we can help eachother on some projects if you dont mind getting your hands dirty.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good mechanic in the Tampa Bay area for my '92 LS400?  Have had some work done at the dealer, but they seem very overpriced to me.  Even simple things that cost under $50.00 at most places cost as much as $200 more at the dealer.

Oh yes I agree. Lexus of Tampa Bay is way overpriced. Im near the USF area. Depending on what you need done, I know a few guys that do cheap, right in front of you-jobs, in return, they are not experts on the Lexus brand, but I usually know what needs to be done, but dont have the tools necessary to do the work.

So what type of work do you need to get done? Maybe we can help eachother on some projects if you dont mind getting your hands dirty.

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I have a number of small things that need doing. For example, the little wooden trim pieces in the front doors that fit around the window buttons have come unglued. Easy to fix, but I don't know the proper adhesive to use.

Also, the antenna just stopped working a couple of days ago. Again it is probably fairly easy to fix, but I don't really know how.

I don't have much knowledge or experience with doing work on cars, but I certainly don't mind getting my hand dirty. Actually sort of enjoy it.

I'm in south Tampa, but go up north fairly often to visit and help out my mother. LMK if you want to try to get together.

Hi.  Thanks for the reply.  I have a number of small things that need doing.  For example, the little wooden trim pieces in the front doors that fit around the window buttons have come unglued.  Easy to fix, but I don't know the proper adhesive to use.

Seems simple. You can walk into any Auto parts store, or Home Depot and ask them. I'm not exactly sure how the peice came off, but im sure some wood glue would do the trick.

Also, the antenna just stopped working a couple of days ago.  Again it is probably fairly easy to fix, but I don't really know how.

The 98's dont have any antanna's, so I wouldnt know how they operate, but I would imagine its fairly simple. Ebay is flooded with those. Just order one, and I'm sure the service manual would be of some help.

I don't have much knowledge or experience with doing work on cars, but I certainly don't mind getting my hand dirty.  Actually sort of enjoy it.

As long as you have the will, and some time, its not that hard, esp if it doesn’t require special tools.

I'm in south Tampa, but go up north fairly often to visit and help out my mother.  LMK if you want to try to get together.

I go to school at UT, so I’m familiar with the area. If you have a garage, we can meet at your place. (I don’t have one myself).

Also, if you havent done any routain maintenance latley, I can show you how to drain and refill tranny fluid, as well as power steering, PCV vavle, drive belt, etc. If it hasnt been proformed latley.

This stuff costs next to nothing when you don’t have to pay for labor. That way you can seriously save some money then having to go to the dealer, or a mechanic, because most of this stuff is very simple, but dealers know most think its hard, and time consuming when its really not.

Anyhow, just PM me, and if you dont get a response from me in this thread, I seem very forgetful latley.

• 2 weeks later...