Car Won't Start

DougLS

Well I'm feeling a little foolish. I read some of the threads on the forum about error codes. I have a 93LS which I understood as using OBD1 which makes it possible to use a wire to read the codes. I went under the dash found the diagnostic box,followed the instructions connected E1 and TE1, counted the blinks. 5 blinks follwed by two blinks , equats to error 52. Which I understand to be knock sensor signal. After removing the wire from E1 and TE1. I tried starting the car and got nothing. No turnover, lights come on, I'm getting electrical power. The car started fine a few hours before I read the code. I'm thinking I damaged something when I was trying to retreive the error codes. Before I have the car towed, does anyone have any ideas what I may have done, or trouble shoot the problem to get my car started :( .. Thanks

Doug,

Doesn't sound good - probably a fried ECU. :cries: I saw your other post about the melted wires - is that something that just occurred? Other than unhooking the negative battery terminal for a few minutes (maybe the ECU will forget about the problem) sounds like you need professional help. Maybe somebody else will have a better plan of attack.