02 Es300 Cluster Removal

re60dp

Found this site tonight, WOW, alot of good info in here. My problem is I need to get my cluster out, need info on how to pull it, anyone ever pull one before? Thanks

Which cluster? The one where your spedometer is or the radio/hvac area?

Found this site tonight, WOW, alot of good info in here. My problem is I need to get my cluster out, need info on how to pull it, anyone ever pull one before? Thanks

The one with the speedo, Ithink Lexus calls it a combination meter, iy has the speed,tach and other gauges on it. Thanks for any help.

The one with the speedo, Ithink Lexus calls it a combination meter, iy has the speed,tach and other gauges on it. Thanks for any help.

1. Remove the little storage compartment to the left of the steering wheel. This can be done by opening the compartment and pulling it straight up and out.

2. Once removed, you should be able to remove the plastic assembly that has your rear-view mirror controls. This can be done by reaching your hand in behind through the storage compartment hole and pushing the assembly out.

3. Once you get that out, you will need to remove the vent to the left of the cluster. You should be able to "release" it from behind with a screwdriver from behind. The vent assembly should pull straight out.

4. Remove the two black plastic anchors from the top portion of the spedo cluster cover.

5. The spedo cluster cover (the wood part) should now be able to be pulled out.

6. There are now aa few screws that hold the cluster into place, remove the screws and the cluster should come right out.

Good luck.

1. Remove the little storage compartment to the left of the steering wheel. This can be done by opening the compartment and pulling it straight up and out.

2. Once removed, you should be able to remove the plastic assembly that has your rear-view mirror controls. This can be done by reaching your hand in behind through the storage compartment hole and pushing the assembly out.

3. Once you get that out, you will need to remove the vent to the left of the cluster. You should be able to "release" it from behind with a screwdriver from behind. The vent assembly should pull straight out.

4. Remove the two black plastic anchors from the top portion of the spedo cluster cover.

6. There are now aa few screws that hold the cluster into place, remove the screws and the cluster should come right out.

Good luck.

Thanks for your help, I will try this tonight. This seems like a really great site for lexus owners, wished I would have found it sooner.

Good luck.

Thanks for your help, I will try this tonight. This seems like a really great site for lexus owners, wished I would have found it sooner.

Went ahead and dropped what I was doing, and started on this, all seemed to be fine until I went to pull the cover off with the wood part on it, seems like theres something holding it on the side with the radio, do i need to pull the radio cover off, I'm afraid i'm going to break the cover.

Went ahead and dropped what I was doing, and started on this, all seemed to be fine until I went to pull the cover off with the wood part on it, seems like theres something holding it on the side with the radio, do i need to pull the radio cover off, I'm afraid i'm going to break the cover.

No, the radio cover doesn't hold restrict it at all. Once you remove the two screws holding the black portion of the spedo cover on. You should be able to pull the cover off. It does take a little bit of force. Make sure your steering wheel is tilted all the way down.

No, the radio cover doesn't hold restrict it at all. Once you remove the two screws holding the black portion of the spedo cover on. You should be able to pull the cover off. It does take a little bit of force. Make sure your steering wheel is tilted all the way down.

Going back out and try again, will let you know shortly how it works out, thanks again.

Going back out and try again, will let you know shortly how it works out, thanks again.

GOT IT, That was a tight fit, Many thanks for your help.

Good to hear... why are you taking the cluster out? I probably should haved asked that first, heh.

Good to hear... why are you taking the cluster out? I probably should haved asked that first, heh.

If your sitting in the passengers seat at night you can see the speedo light through a space around the trim, so i put a small piece of tape where it was.