Vsc Dash Light On And Warning Light On

lomarica

my dash warning light came on and the vsc light is staying on in my 01 awd rx300.

any suggestions on what the problem is or how to fix. also the D for drive light went out. this is a minor point but obviously the light should not have to be replaced already

my battery went dead about 2 days prior and I replaced wouldn't think that has anything to do with it maybe just a coincidence

thanks

my dash warning light came on and the vsc light is staying on  in my 01 awd rx300.

any suggestions on what the problem is or how to fix.  also the D for drive light went out.  this is a minor point but obviously the light should not have to be replaced already

my battery went dead about 2 days prior and I replaced  wouldn't think that has anything to do with it maybe just a coincidence

thanks

A common cause of the check engine and vsc lights coming on is the small black hose behind the air filter box coming off. Usually after a quick lube place checks the air filter. You didn't by chance check the air filter when you were changing the battery or access that area for any reason? If thats not it I would reset the computer by disconnecting the battery or pulling the efi fuse and see if the lights come on again. If so, I would get autozone, dealer, or other source to read the code causing the problem. May be a bad sensor.

As far as the "D" light burning out, this is a common problem on the RX. It's a pain to change. Here is a link to the procedure.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/rx300how2/