Radio Receiption ?.

SeaRider

Hello all,

Newbee here, was referred to this great LOC site by a friend .

I did a searched but didn't get what I'm looking for and though may be you may have an anwser.

I have a 00 es300 with factory equipped radio (only 22K miles) . When I turned a rear defogger on, I lost my radio receiption on certain stations, there are 3 local radio stations around my area, one lost signal, one get weaks and other is OK, driving around the blocks does not makes any improve. Turn rear defogger off, all are OK. :( .

Is there any test to do or tsb (a link to tsb would be appreciated) for get it fix?. Dealer said it's normal !.

Rear defogger works find, no broken grids/lines on back window.

Thanks.

Do you lose reception on AM or FM or both?

The rear window built in antenna reception(sensitivity), was never as great as the older ES's that used an antenna staff, so there is the possibility that the electrical flow from the rear defogger is causing some sort of conflict with the radio signal.

When I get a chance I'll try testing this out on my '03ES to see if I get the same results. Very interesting. :blink: