04 Rx330 Audio Upgrade

Help! I just purchased an 04 RX 330 and although the overall car is great, the "premium" audio system is marginal at best. Even my wife thinks that the audio in her Ford Taurus is better. Any thoughts on the best approach to an upgrade? The dealer hasn't been much help.

What all do you want to replace? What are your musical tastes? What size speakers, and do you want subwoofer(s)? What kind of overall budget, or budget for each piece?

This info can help us better determine what products to recommend.

What all do you want to replace? What are your musical tastes? What size speakers, and do you want subwoofer(s)? What kind of overall budget, or budget for each piece?

Pretty much whatever it takes. I'd like to keep the center console and interior looking as it is (subwoofers are still an option), but anything else is fair game. I'm looking to pull the music quality from a "3" rating to at least an "8" and think that a $2000 budget should be the top. It would be nice if I can achieve the quality of the Nakamichi system I had in my SC400. I'm looking for accurate sound reproduction that won't suffer no matter what I decide to listen to (blues, jazz, rap or rock)

So far the recommendations include keeping the head unit and amplifier and replacing the front door 6x9 speakers, front post tweeters, rear 6 inch speakers and add an amplifier and subwoofer.

Specs include: Diamond Hex 6.5" mid and tweeter combo w/crossover for the front (this would be custom crossovered to the other two front windshield speakers and powered by two channels of a new Eclipse PA5422 amp), Memphis audio 15-MC50 5 1/4 inch speakers with directional tweeters for the rear doors (this would be powered by the original amp and the only speakers this amp would power), and an Eclipse 8" subwoofer w/ custom built sealed enclosure for the rear cargo hatch area (and powered by the other two channels of the Eclipse amp)