Sc300 Questions

bent-one

hello,

i've owned a 1995 sc300 for about a week now. the car runs great, but i am dealing with a rattling noise coming from the passenger side rear wheel well. i remember seeing something online before i bought the car stating that the sc models had a common problem with the strut mounting bolts coming loose. has anyone heard of this or am i imagining things?

the car has 99,000 miles on it and i'll probably replace the struts anyway.

any other common problems that i should be prepared for??

thanks in advance.

I haven't heard of strut bolt looseness, but I did have a rattle in the vicinity of the rear wheel well. Turned out, the rear seat back was not seated down far enough to keep the mount from rattling. I removed the seat bottom, loosened the bolt holding the seat back then pushed the seatback down firmly and retightened the holding bolt. I then reinstalled the seat bottom. Voila......rattle gone!

I haven't heard of strut bolt looseness, but I did have a rattle in the vicinity of the rear wheel well. Turned out, the rear seat back was not seated down far enough to keep the mount from rattling.  I removed the seat bottom, loosened the bolt holding the seat back then pushed the seatback down firmly and retightened the holding bolt. I then reinstalled the seat bottom. Voila......rattle gone!

cool--i never would have thought of that. i'll check it out tomorrow.

thanks.