Engine revs before switching to EV mode - 2024 Lexus RX 350h

I purchased a 2024 RX350h luxury in October. I'm told it was one of the first in Atlanta.  I was getting about 36.4 mpg, so overall with the vehicle, I'm happy.  But recently when I start to coast to come to a stop the engine will rev, even though the Energy Flow screen shows the gas engine is disengaged and running only on EV.  The engine will rev, even with me using the brake.  But the EV light is off and the rpms are rising.  Eventually the EV light will come on and the gas engine will cut off and the vehicle will switch to EV mode.  My mpg has dropped to 36.2, so something is not right.  When I was at the dealer for my 10K service, they told me this was the car "shedding" the extra energy, but the battery was not fully charged, so I'm perplexed and frustrated.  Before I start the rounds of bringing the vehicle back to Lexus, I'm curious if anyone has thoughts or has experienced this.  Thanks!

PS I have multiple videos of this occurring with my vehicle.