Lift kit and wheel recommendations

first time posting.  I have a 06 LX470 with 230k miles.  My teenage son is now driving it and wants to put more aggressive looking wheels and tires on it and maybe a lift kit.  The rear shocks are leaking and in need of replacement and I believe the same goes for front.  The mechanic where I service it (lexus/toyota specialty) has recommended replacing rear upper control arm bushings, repacking wheel bearings and replacing front axles with drive plate flanges.

I have read a lot of people getting ride of the hydraulic shock system.  I have seen some local vehicles where the wheels look pretty tight and wonder if they actually are rubbing when turning the wheel.  I would appreciate any advice about wheels and sizing that will keep us out of trouble and creating future problems.  Also thoughts on overhauling the suspension without having to take out a 2nd mortgage and accomplishing the goal for my son to get a more young mans aggressive look but still function like a old mans more practical side of things :)