Mechanical Noises From Center Console Area

GAguitar

I have a 2001 RX300 with 36K. I'm getting mechanical "switching" noises from my center console area. Sounds like the servo motor is opening and closing the vents over and over while the car is parked and in motion. I suspected it was the servo motor and brought it to the Lexus dealership to look at it under warranty. After looking at it they told me it was a normal noise and there was nothing wrong. The noise still persists and i'm very supicious that there is a problem.

Any one else experiencing this or have any reccommondations.

Thanks!

mark1175@hotmail.com

• 4 weeks later...

:D

I have a 2001 RX300 with 36K. I'm getting mechanical "switching" noises from my center console area. Sounds like the servo motor is opening and closing the vents over and over while the car is parked and in motion. I suspected it was the servo motor and brought it to the Lexus dealership to look at it under warranty. After looking at it they told me it was a normal noise and there was nothing wrong. The noise still persists and i'm very supicious that there is a problem.

Any one else experiencing this or have any reccommondations.

Thanks!

mark1175@hotmail.com

i have a 1999 rx300. diving last week i heard a scruffing noise somewhere between the firewall and console. it actually sounded like a creature was building a nest. the dealer replaced the servo. i still have the noise only now its interminent. anyone have any ideas? ......thanks, sleepypeepers