Need Some Input On Water Pump Relpacement

evader

i am about to embark on difficult journey.... well, yea im just changing a water pump, but i need some advice on what equipment im going to need to perfectly play out my plan. where i live i have very little sources of information i can't find the repair manual for my 1990 lexus es 250 V6 anywhere localy, and the only delership is like a 3 hour drive from where i live. so i only got the internet to help me right now, im starting my project tonight. im only going to have six hours to replace the water pump. its the only car i have,so i need some tips from u guys so everything can go smoothly. if u guys know of any websites or any tricks or tips or if you have any type of information on how perform this repair, please post. i have done a many searches , but i cant find any solid info.

thanks

alex

i am about to embark on difficult journey.... well, yea im just changing a water pump, but i need some advice on what equipment im going to need to perfectly play out my plan. where i live i have very little sources of information i can't find the repair manual for my 1990 lexus es 250 V6 anywhere localy, and the only delership is like a 3 hour drive from where i live. so i only got the internet to help me right now, im starting my project tonight. im only going to have six hours to replace the water pump. its the only car i have,so i need some tips from u guys so everything can go smoothly. if u guys know of any websites or any tricks or tips or if you have any type of information on how perform this repair, please post. i have done a many searches , but i cant find any solid info.

thanks

alex

• 2 weeks later...

most libarys have a chiltons manual but if you can help it don't do it your self have a garage do it the water pump itself is not hard it is just getting to it you will need to remove the cam shaft pullies (gears) and also the lower pully which is the hardest part believe me i am doing a water pump on a 94 es 300 and regreat every min. i have the chiltons now from the libary make sure you mark the belt and pullies exactly all 3 of them good luck