Lexus Gs300 Replacement Shocks

Thanks to the crappy search function, I'll have to ask this in a new thread. My wife's '93 GS300 shocks are just about worn out. Does anyone know who is the OEM manufacturer? I'd rather not go to the Stealer and get it from them. Know of a good place to get replacement ones? Just need OEM replacement ones, thanks! Also are these good shocks and good prices for them?

http://catalog.eautopartscatalog.com/drive...=Shock+Absorber

KYB is the OEM manufacturer. I have the GR2's on my '98 GS300. Not bad, just a touch more firm than the OEM. You may find that the "real thing" is the same price or even a bit cheaper. Such was the case after I checked with the stealer after I put the GR2's on mine. I got the at Tirerack BTW. Just a sidenote, onw of my GR2's started leaking the second day it was on the car. Got it replaced under warranty, but I had to do the job all over again. They're made in Japan too!

Check out this place. Front OEM Rear OEM Wow! Is that a misprint? $19.20 for the rear? Holy cheap! I am going under the assumption that the parts listed above are OEM. You'd be wise to verify!

As usual, the site mentioned in the links is only for reference. I do not endorse or recommend this or any other company personally.

P.S. Search works well if you figure out how to use it!

Hi, hope you might be able to help me out. I see you own a 1993 gs 300. Do you have the owners manual? if you do can you please let me know what TRAC off - Trac means and also (not sure) the switch that is by the shifter is when you turn it on I think it says ewr or something like that. Thanks for your help and if you want you can email me at mzadravac@fei.org. thanks

The TRAC button is the traction control button. It turns on/off the traction control feature on the vehicle. The traction control helps when your wheels start to spin or skid on wet surfaces, for example, and cuts down on the power to those wheels that are loosing traction to help you gain control of your car back. I was told to leave the button on the ON position all the time as a safety feature. Hope this help you out.

• 2 weeks later...

Had this issue several months ago, there is actually a gasket that has to and tubing that has to be cleaned out. Had the gasket replaced by a local mechanic in S. Indiana for cheap, but he didn't know about the tubing, so the dealer had to do it for $75. Still less than what the dealer had quoted.