Engineering At Its' Best

sightdev

Engineering at its best. I just did rear brakes last night and reminded again how much good engineering went in to designing the car. I have been around cars 25-30 years and worked on various cars in the past from restoration to maintenance. I was impressed with the BMW in the mid ’80 when I co-piloted a project to restore 320i from ground up because of rollover damage. From bolts, the suspensions, body parts, and structure assembly was really impressive compare to Datsun (Nissan for those younger folks) and domestic cars. I am also on MB forums and MB owners rag about Lexus being a carbon copy and I can attest to structural similarity but that is where it ends. Something simple as brakes on SC is incredibly detailed for longevity and maintenance free. Did you know that your SC has backup braking system in case your primary system fails? Even your parking brake is standalone setup. I don’t work on cars much but time-to-time I get my hands dirty and do smaller repairs at home but I get entertained by Lexus engineering. I wish my Jeep is as reliable as the Lexus but I guess that is only a wishful thinking considering Chrysler/MB makes it.