Dashboard Covering

TexasLexus94

The 94 LS400 I bought at 99,000 miles had two nice add-ons that work very well in a hot environment:

1. A custom fit inside windshield cover that opens in 2 pieces, and locks in the middle via Vel-Cro to protect the interior. It attaches to the windshield at the corners. It's in fine shape. No "call the police" type cardboard cheapie here. Nice.

2. A very custom fit dashboard protective carpeting that also has exact cut-outs for the vents near the windshield. It sits perfectly to protect the dash, but does not hinder the glovebox or anything else. I've never seen such an item on the many websites I've visited.

My question is-I think the dashboard cover is custom. Since the previous owner is a very wealthy individual who refuses to talk to a simple DIY'er, I'm asking LOC if they know where I can find such an item. The covering is wilting from the intense sun after 10 years or so. BTW, it matches the brown/beige interior carpet perfectly. I'm guessing it's a Lexus dealer high-dollar children's Christmas present to Grampa. Tell me I'm wrong.

Thanks

The 94 LS400 I bought at 99,000 miles had two nice add-ons that work very well in a hot environment:

1.  A custom fit inside windshield cover that opens in 2 pieces, and locks in the middle via Vel-Cro to protect the interior.  It attaches to the windshield at the corners.  It's in fine shape.  No "call the police" type cardboard cheapie here.  Nice.

2.  A very custom fit dashboard protective carpeting that also has exact cut-outs for the vents near the windshield.  It sits perfectly to protect the dash, but does not hinder the glovebox or anything else.  I've never seen such an item on the many websites I've visited.

My question is-I think the dashboard cover is custom.  Since the previous owner is a very wealthy individual who refuses to talk to a simple DIY'er, I'm asking LOC if they know where I can find such an item.  The covering is wilting from the intense sun after 10 years or so.  BTW, it matches the brown/beige interior carpet perfectly.  I'm guessing it's a Lexus dealer high-dollar children's Christmas present to Grampa.  Tell me I'm wrong.

Thanks

Check out dashmat.com. I think you will find what you are looking for there. I bought a dash mat for my 96 Impala SS. The workmanshp is top notch. The lines on the mat flow exactly with the vehicle dashboard. You can even get a logo and monogram on the mat. I sold the car years ago so i am not able to provide a pic of how well it's made, however, the web site does portray an accurate image of what to expect from this manufacturer. :D

John