JTudor

Regular Member
  • Content Count

    3
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About JTudor

  • Rank
    New Club Member

Contact Methods

  • First Name
    J

Profile Information

  • Lexus Model
    RX 330
  • Lexus Year
    2004
  • Location
    California (CA)

Recent Profile Visitors

367 profile views
  1. Hi Ron_S, I had a really hard time accessing that drain but made some progress using a bent wire hanger and scraping around down there. Then I built a very thin shop Vac extension using rolled up paper and was able to pull out a lot of debris. The other thing I did was bang, rock and wash the body molding below that drain...the black plastic running below the doors. A TON of dirt came out when I did that. I think that was affecting the draining as well. It's been two years and I've had no more issues. It's still a crap design but it's hanging in for now. Hope that helps a bit.
  2. Hi all, I know this is an old thread but I just spend a while trying to find two of the stereo bolts and a ratchet head (yes, I know, I was having a bad day and may have lost my patience a bit while working on the stereo) but I finally found all three pieces in that hole at the base of the center stack that's been referred to. I removed the center stack as well as the air ducts that connect to the ducts below the front seats. I was able to get them all buy pushing this tool... https://smile.amazon.com/Master-Magnetics-07229-Magnetic-Retrieving/dp/B00GVJJJ6K/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1505086765&sr=8-16&keywords=magnetic+pick-up+tool ...into the hole about 10 inches and slowly pulling them up. They were driving me nuts rolling around down there so while I'm still an idiot I'm feeling slightly redeemed. I've attached pictures of the cabin with the center console removed and the hole at the bottom where I fished the bolts out.
  3. Just wanted to thank everyone on the forum, particularly Zeppo, for posting all this. Had a major water issue last week and it's been driving me nuts trying to figure out the drain issue. I think I have it pretty well cleared at this point using a shop vac and a wire hanger, but actually being able to see the issue in pics has helped a ton. Thanks!