Sc430 Supercharger/turbocharger

ilya

Hi Guys,

Basically Im looking to put more juice into my 2003 SC430 and I was wondering if you guys knew of any Superchargers (or Turbocharger) for the SC430, preferibly a Centrifugal system. Also, does anyone know of a website devoted to the SC with parts, accesories, etc...

Thanks,

Ilya

Sorry for all the spelling errors :)

there are sc430s out there with a TT set up, i dont know but lextreme might be of some help, that site is all about the v8

Really!!!!?!!one

Oh yea, there was that one. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ilya, that is custom one off stuff at this point. Supercharger might be the easiest way to go about it. I like turbo's more myself. I don't think a centrifugal unit would be too terribly difficult to put in there. But the engine control system will be a nightmare (for me at least). Although, I have seen stuff on motors that I thougth would be impossible until I saw it. Supercharged latest generation eclipse v6's and maximas and stuff. If you are really interested, you should approach a reputable custom engine shop that is familiar with these motors. Might take a little digging, but I'm sure you can find one if you look hard enough. Good luck on that. One hell uv a great project.

A little more detail on this as I got curious. Anderson Audio and Performance in the Atlanta Georgia area has done this. They have the r&d and skill in the job on one car already. If I had the money and time - That's where I'd do it.

TT SC430

I saw this car at a show a few months ago, but i don't know if this image will help at all. The owner wasn't around very long, all i heard from him was that he had the stock transmission and he had problems with slippage. The supercharger was tucked down underneath where I couldn't see. Sorry i can't be of much help, i know nothing about the latest generation of these cars. Hopefully a picture is worth a thousan words...

post-3-1083037818.jpg

Oh yea...

That car is a single turbo. GT3580 BB. Skyline fm intercooler. Lots of custom work there too. XS engineering did a lot of the work on that one. I believe it was in the December '03 Sport Compact magazine. He says the auto tranny can't handle over 6 pounds even with a stall converter and valve job. The turbo can flow efficiently to 20! I came across it tonight as well. Low mount with an external oil pump feeding it. 500 or so hp at 6 pounds. Just think if that thing could run 10 and hold it. At 35 grand for low boost on a 430 above and beyond the cost of the car, I could have the 300 clicking 8's and change for money races left over though.

So there's two turbo SC430's in the US we know of. I'll wait till one of these guys gets tired with it and decides to sell. I still think the white one is better though. The black one does look super clean though and does have a bigger dyno. I think single turbo is probably the best route to take. You have to pull the oem computer anyways. Motec 800... Oh man. Now that's enthusiasm. I think I'll go buy a lottery ticket tomorrow.

The turbo used is a Garrett GT3540 B.B (not massive but not small) great spool up, full boost at 21-2200 rpm.

Here's what on the car for now...

Engine:

*Garrett GT 3540 b.b turbo

*XS engineering Skyline GTR intercooler

*Full 3" intercooling plumbing

*AVO one-touch laptop programable engine management system

*9 550 cc injectors( 1secondary injector right in front of throttle body)

*TRD supra in-tank fuel pump

*Earl's oil cooler

*Earl's transmission

*Earl's stainless steel lines

*Earl's high pressuer sicilcone lines

*Custom jet-hot-coated exhuast manifold

*XS engineering Blow of Valve (massive!)

*Full custom 3" exhuast (turbo back) with twin Apex Black Chrome N1 cans (no cats)

*Billit racing stall converter (3100rpm stall speed)

*Custom race valve body job

*Transmission shift selaniods modified (drives normal off boost, but on boost run's more aggressive shift lock)

Suspension:

Tom's Advox adjustiable coilovers

Tom's Front strut bar

Tom's full under brace kit (any day now)

TRD IS300 sways (any day now also)

Custom made 3 pc. forged wheels (20x10.5's only weigh 24lbs!!)

20x9 (245/30/20)

20x10.5 (275/30/20)

Body:

Custom molded front bumper to hold FMIC( the guy did an amazing job!)

Blitz carbon fiber front lip

Blitz grill

Custom molded rear bumper (to fit exhuast)

Debadged, and of course had to get the black chrome "L" to match the exhuast. ha ha

Next is:

Hot Earth grounding kit (sittlin at the house)

NX intercoller sprayer (also sittin at the house) Dad has to wait for me to come home and install

Big Brembo's all the way around 14.4in with 6pot

New tranny

TRD LSD

Piston's

Rod's

Port and pollish of heads

Full blue print and balance

More Boost!!

Mine!!! he he (his dad's)

lil over 500hp!! (for now)!!!

post-3-1083066013.jpg