Oil Filter Part #

the Toyo/Lex filters with a D (#-YZZD#) are the ones made in Thailand as of Dec. 2003.

The jury is still out as to how they compare to the previous highly rated Toyo/Lex filters (-YZZB9) or the -20004 filters.

I personally have used and trusted the Mobil 1 M-102 filter and am currently using the K&N Gold HP-1002 filter.

steviej.

PS. this was my 1000th post. :blink:

So, Which is the right filter for 1MZFE (V6 engines) ? Is Japan made filters selling on web still? any comparable difference from original filter to new one toyota released recently ??

So, Which is the right filter for 1MZFE (V6 engines) ? Is Japan made filters selling on web still? any comparable difference from original filter to new one toyota released recently ??

The USA made Toyota#08922-02011 oil filter is another one that is approved for the 1MZ-FE V6 engines. All Toyota dealers carry the 08922-02011 and it retails for about $6.00 but is available at discount Toyota dealers like 1sttoyotaparts.com for as little as $3.76

Monarch,

What was the original toyota part# (japan brand) now replaced by Toyota#08922-02011(USA made) ? I heard on web seems the old filter is lot better (in quality) than one they are replaced with for V6 engines. Is that TRUE ?

Monarch,

What was the original toyota part# (japan brand) now replaced by Toyota#08922-02011(USA made) ? I heard on web seems the old filter is lot better (in quality) than one they are replaced with for V6 engines. Is that TRUE ?

The original Toyota part# was a Denso filter# 90915-YZZB9, but this filter has been discontinued and replaced by another Denso filter part# 90915-YZZD1. The Toyota #08922-02011(USA made by Purolator) has also been available since 1993 for use on the 1MZ-FE and other Toyota engines.

Yes there are some websites that claim the now discontinued Denso resin element filters were alot better quality than the paper element #08922-02011, but the authors of those websites have no real world evidence to back up their claims. The authors just cut open the filters and arbitrarily assumed the pleated paper element used in the #08922-02011 doesn't flow as much oil or doesn't filter it as well.

The truth is the #08922-02011 was tested and approved by Toyota engineers and Toyota required Purolator to build the #08922-02011 with certain heavy duty design features that are not found on the Purolator filters you see in auto parts stores. So the #08922-02011 is not merely a relabeled and reboxed existing Purolator filter.

How well does the #08922-02011 protect a Toyota engine in real life? I've been using it for 436,000 troublefree miles on my '92 4 cylinder Toyota pickup http://www.saber.net/~monarch/436.JPG. The engine still has like new compression and very low oil consumption. So the #08922-02011, in combination with a Toyota air filter, has done an outstanding job at preventing serious engine wear.

lxs300, don't be confused with filter 90915-20004. This was the most popular filter from Japan that many members here and on CL raved about and stood in line to get. This filter, however, was for the V8 not the V6.

90915-20004 was also discontinued in Dec. 2003, the replacement filter now is 90915-YZZD3.

steviej