Ac Problem Please Help

ywtqeyuag

it happpened to me few month ago. The compressor still working and the AC still blowing but its not cold. i have been putting freeon but its only work for 3 4 week. i have the guy checked it and he pretty sure that not any leak. Does anyone have this problem before ? any advice ?? any way to check myself ?? thanks lot i appricate your help.

If your A/C is losing enough refrigerant to stop producing cold air every 3 to 4 weeks, then there is a serious leak that a mechanic should be able to easily find. Is your mechanic adding dye to the system and then checking for leaks with a black light? Where in Kansas are you?

It could be a number of things. I just replaced the compressor,clutch assembly, dryer, and shortly after the evaporator assembly on my 1994 LS. Living in Ft lauderdale the temperature is now in the 90's with a heat index of 100-105 degrees on some days. Really need A/C here every day. I shopped around and found an independent shop to do the installation. Lexus wanted well over $2000 for this repair. The independent was about $1000. Your system could have a seal or hose assembly with a leak. You need to take it to a shop and they will do a leak test by injecting a dye into the system that will show them where the freon is leaking from. After its determined what the problem is you can shop around for the best price.

it happpened to me few month ago. The compressor still working and the AC still blowing but its not cold. i have been putting freeon but its only work for 3 4 week. i have the guy checked it and he pretty sure that not any leak. Does anyone have this problem before ? any advice ?? any way to check myself ?? thanks lot i appricate your help.

Years ago I spent $1,600 to have my a/c fixed. Fours years later I had a leak and decided to try to fix it myself. And I succeeded for $37!!!

Based on what you described, you most likely have a leak. It is something you could attempt to fix yourself and only seek outside help as a last resort if you fail.

First, buy this, http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_x_7010015-P_x_x?cm_mmc=CSE-_-NexTag-_-VALUE3-_-VALUE4&srccode=cii_9324560&cpncode=00-23816955-2

and meticulously follow the instruction on the can. You should also buy http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_x_7010029-P_x_x?cm_mmc=CSE-_-NexTag-_-VALUE3-_-VALUE4&srccode=cii_9324560&cpncode=00-23817359-2

at the same time. The second can is a refill as your a/c system is most likely 80%+ empty and the first can with the gauge might not have enough gas to fill up your system. The refill can should be enough. Worst case scenario, you might need two refill cans. But I suspect one can might be enough.

After you have taken your a/c system to proper pressure, measure your pressure once a week for one month. If you notice a loss of pressure, immediately add more gas to it. If after a month you are still losing pressure, then buy this, http://www.walmart.com/ip/EZ-Chill-R-134a-Leak-Sealer-3-oz/16888793

If after doing all that you still lose pressure, then you will need outside help.

Make sure to follow EXACTLY the instruction. Basically, leave your vehicle alone for 24 hours, make sure to know the exact temperature near your vehicle, lift the hood, find the low pressure port, open all doors, start the engine and turn on the a/c to max cold, max fan and wait 3 minutes and then take the pressure. Add gas until pressure is where it should be in relation to the outside temp.

It worked for me :) I needed one can with gauge and one refill and needed to add gas a second time after the intial filling up. It has been working perfect ever since :)

P.S. You can buy all the stuff at Walmart for cheaper than online. Though often Walmart is sold out when in season. But will receive new stock later on as summer ends.