1999 Ls400 Guage Cluster Blacked Out

dlmatlanta

Instrument cluster in my 1999 ls400 is out. High beam indicator, blinker indicator and warning lights work, guages and back lights do not. Heater and radio work. Fuses 7 and 17 in the owners book relate to the cluster and are good. What is the likey issue here?

Instrument cluster in my 1999 ls400 is out. High beam indicator, blinker indicator and warning lights work, guages and back lights do not. Heater and radio work. Fuses 7 and 17 in the owners book relate to the cluster and are good. What is the likey issue here?

Hello,check your cig/assy fuses.Had that happen to me on my 1999 ls 400.Go figure!!

Hello,check your cig/assy fuses.Had that happen to me on my 1999 ls 400.Go figure!!

Found it - was the power inverter on the back of the cluster. Located a local electronics shop that repairs radios and other electronics for auto dealers and he fixed it while I waited - 1 1/2 hours and $250. If ALL electric items work including the radio and dash dimmer - and the gauges and gauge lights don't, it is either the cluster ground circuit or the power inverter, and is very likely the cluster power inverter.

Thanks for the help!