Air Mix Servo

joe913

I just tried to use my heater for the first time. I bought the car during the summer so I do not know if it had worked last season. I get no heat whatsoever. All the modes work perfectly--I removed and cleaned the mode servo because it was making noise and working erratically. It works fine now but the noise is still there. I assume it is the dreaded air mix servo. I hear it is really hard to replace. Does anyone have how tos or tips for replacing this servo? Am I going down the right path? Thanks!

That sounds about right. I found one at a junk yard for like 20 bucks. It wasn't to bad of a job, it just takes patience because the little plastic ears are easy to break. First thing I did was pull the glove compartment, but it has been so long ago since I did it I can't take you much passed that. It seems like I could get to it just by removing that though. I do however recomend replacing the cabin air filter while your in there. Mine was filthy! Hope this will help some.

Thanks ma42220!

I'm having the same issue with my 2001 RX300 I bought this summer. There is definately a detailed thread about this in the forum that I read through. The heat worked all of a sudden one day but has not worked since. This was followed by the hampster noise and then nothing. I've attached a file that seems like it could be helpful for tackling the job. Another person posted this in the aformentioned thread about the servo motor. Hopefully this will help in taking the trim apart and removing the air mix servo. You have to get past the part of the manual that covers the A/C system, I think the servo section is near the end of the document.

RX300index.pdf

Thanks again ma42220!

Thanks ma42220!

I'm having the same issue with my 2001 RX300 I bought this summer. There is definately a detailed thread about this in the forum that I read through. The heat worked all of a sudden one day but has not worked since. This was followed by the hampster noise and then nothing. I've attached a file that seems like it could be helpful for tackling the job. Another person posted this in the aformentioned thread about the servo motor. Hopefully this will help in taking the trim apart and removing the air mix servo. You have to get past the part of the manual that covers the A/C system, I think the servo section is near the end of the document.

Thanks again ma42220 and ltannar!
Thanks ma42220!

• 1 month later...
No Problem! Anytime!

So I'm wondering what a reputable online parts store would be, to order the air mix servo. I'm having the same problem, and I called Lexus here in San Antonio, TX and they want $200 + tax for the part.

Thanks,

Daryl

• 3 weeks later...
No Problem! Anytime!

So I'm wondering what a reputable online parts store would be, to order the air mix servo. I'm having the same problem, and I called Lexus here in San Antonio, TX and they want $200 + tax for the part.

Thanks,

Daryl

I just had our 90k service performed. I thought I had a servo motor issue, but the noise cleared up after the service. Anyway, the service writer said there are 3 servo motors. I'm wondering if there is just one part that is used to replace any one of the 3 servos. Or, are there 3 different motors (parts).....one for each servo?

• 2 months later...
Thanks ma42220!

---------------------------------------------------------

Could send one that it can be print please