New Lexus All Weather Mats

saabkyle04

Yep, I have these for my RX. I negotiated weather mats with the purchase price and they put in those cheap plasitic generic jobs. After I howled about how cheap the dealership was they sent me the genuine "Lexus" all weather mats for free and told me to keep the cheap plastic ones.

They have been very nice and catch the water or snow in the deep grooves thus letting your shoes dry. Cleaning is simply a hose off with maybe a soft bristle brush and a bit of detergent for the really dirty and muddy parts. They are left in year-round.

Yep I got these --end of the summer to ensure I had them and affter our first sprinkle of snow in Long Island 3 weeks or so ago in they went ---

I am thinking of leaving the driver one in all year round when spring comes change the others back my foot always makes a hole in the carpet and one hasdeveloped in my carpet mat...

1)who else leaves them in year round? I would think most of us in snow areas use these?

2) anyone use others? these are really nice mats and I have not found 3rd market mats of equal quality IMO yet.. anyone else that have?

Merry Christmas and happy new year all!

The Lexus dealer here in Winnipeg Manitoba puts all weather mats in every Lexus they sell. We leave ours in all year as they are easier to clean than the carpet mats. My wifes 07 ES350 has never had the carpet mats installed. I put the carpet mats into my LS460 for one day as I was driving a bride and her dad to the church. The Lexus mats are rubber and very good quality.

Don

PEG460, I totally agree with you, in Winnipeg in winter months, one sure can fully appreciate the heavy well fitted good quality rubber mats.

I lived in Winnipeg (actually in East St Paul) for many many years and therefore know how hard it would be to keep the vehicle dry and clean inside and out in winter, without them.

I now live on the coast in BC where the weather conditions are a little better, but still, the dealer supplied all weather rubber mats come in handy in this wet winter months.

Hope your wife still enjoys her es 350 and you the ultimate ls 460. I surely love my es 350

Raymond.

These are some of the best quality mats I have seen, I know like weathertech have good mats for abt the same price but I liked the way the lexus ones looked and matched! Yeah Steve, it's a HUGE improvement, I love them, they look and feel great haha! The thing I always hate is when the carpet gets all stained, I've been detailing cars for abt 6 years so I know all about staining lol. I am just going to leave these in there most all the time because even rainwater can stain the carpet and it's just easier to clean up. They provide excellent protection being that they're custom molded to the floorboard! Plus, I mean even if you wanted to keep the carpet mats in all the time, just remember that mats can be replaced, that's what they're made for regardless of carpet or rubber, you just don't want to ruin the carpet underneath ;)

Yeah they're nice. I personally wouldn't use them year round, I prefer the look and feel of real carpet, and the rubber mats beat up my shoes.

I have a set of Lloyd heavyweight mats in my ES and I have a set Lloyd ultimats in the Prius. The Heavyweight mats are extremely high pile, they almost look/feel like sheepskin, are custom fit for the ES and use the OEM mat anchors. The Ultimats are the same, just lower pile, but still nicer than the OEM mats.

The interior on the Prius is tan and the OEM mats got destroyed in short order. We ordered the Lloyd mats in the same color as the upper dash (its two toned like the ivory is on the ES) and it looks very sharp and the mats don't show dirt. I uploaded a picture.

post-564-1230607654_thumb.jpg