New Pics Of My Ls

eatingupblacktop

Finally got around to taking some pics of my LS. It's amazing how many comments I get about it looking like a 3 - 4 year old car. Lexus sure took their time planning this model and got it right from day one. It's got 254,000 KM. So far, I've replaced the starter, a/c high side hose, and repaired the trunk wiring harness. IS400 mentioned something about experiencing a change in performance when she fixed hers. Could be my imagination, but after the repair, the car feels quicker like it has more torque. I'll get around to doing the climate control display eventually.

Everything is stock. No mods - no aftermarket! Need new tires - maybe around springtime. Like the idea of cooled seats - will have to wait until I get a 430. When I do, the 400 will prob become a project car. Engine teardown, suspension overhaul, etc. Wife wants this car to last forever. Was going to do that with the Volvo, but decided it wasn't worth it. Well guys and gals, here's my baby. Nothing you haven't seen before, but a fair example of what these cars can look like when you take care of them.

RightFront.jpg

LeftRear.jpg

Front2.jpg

LeftFront.jpg

LeftSide2.jpg

DriversSideInt.jpg

InteriorFront.jpg

Console.jpg

BackSeat.jpg

1UZ-FE.jpg

Thanks guys. Python you're right about the mats. I also forgot to do the tires before taking the shots. You'll just have to take my word for that they look great now. Those are actually aftermarket mats out of the Volvo which I don't drive in the summer. Guess I can add mats to the list for spring.

Funny story that. Just before we last moved, I shampooed the carpet and took the mats out to let the floor dry. Well in the confusion of packing for the move, they got left behind with a few other car supplies. I usually buy regular service items like fluids & filters in bulk. Sooooo ... wouldn't you know it, along with those supplies and a few others like shop towels, hand cleaner, etc., the floor mats got left behind and eventually were either thrown out or taken home by somebody. At least I didn't forget the dog. But I'm rather good at that kind of thing. Like leaving cases of pop behind in the shopping cart because they're at the bottom and I never check that area before leaving.:chairshot: Wife doesn't let me buy pop anymore. :P Now if I could only remember to take the change with me when I leave the store. :D

Super nice... I thought the photos were taken in 1991 until I saw the newer cars in the background. ^_^

Nicely optioned too I see! Traction control, power telescope, memory seats, etc. Does it also have air ride struts?

One thing, did you change your coolant lately? It looks a little low, or is that normal? I have no idea... mine stays up higher than that, but it may be overfull on mine... never really noticed what those lines indicate.... <_<

Again, super nice car! Take good care of her! Shes a beaut!

Thanks SK and 90LS. About the only options I can think of available for that year that aren't on the car are the air suspension and the car phone.

I took out some coolant because it was leaking out the top of the reservoir. Maybe I took out a little too much, but it did stop leaking. No difference in operating temps tho. Personally, I think those level lines are up too high on the expansion tank.

I see...... well, all the better! You really do not need or even want the air suspension on these... too costly if they fail! Car phones are neat original options on these for looks, but from what I understand, you cannot get service for them anymore... so very good on the options you have there!

the only options I can think of available for that year that aren't on the car are the air suspension and the car phone.

I took out some coolant because it was leaking out the top of the reservoir. Maybe I took out a little too much, but it did stop leaking. No difference in operating temps tho. Personally, I think those level lines are up too high on the expansion tank.

I see! Yeah, I think so too. Yeah, as long as its cooling, there is no problem... you are way up north anyway. :) I think mines too full too thanks to the dealer... its always filled to the top, but the dealer did it when they installed a new water pump/timing belt 20K ago.

Well, gotta go - heading to South Carolina in the morning to see relatives and gotta get some rest. :) Rented a nice and brand new 2009 Toyota Avalon with 1400 miles to get us there. :) Be back Sunday.

well any way u look at it ...the car is in great shape, btw i got my floor mats off ebay, i made sure they had the lexus logo and were the oem mats with the hook holes in them

It may be time to change your coolant pressure cap, they tend to go bad. CPR

Super nice... I thought the photos were taken in 1991 until I saw the newer cars in the background. ^_^

Nicely optioned too I see! Traction control, power telescope, memory seats, etc. Does it also have air ride struts?

One thing, did you change your coolant lately? It looks a little low, or is that normal? I have no idea... mine stays up higher than that, but it may be overfull on mine... never really noticed what those lines indicate.... <_<

Again, super nice car! Take good care of her! Shes a beaut!

Great looking LS, when you keep them serviced I think they will last forever... my 94 has 252K on it and my 97 227K. both have gold package on them now. the 97 is a coach edition with the platinum emblems, but my wife wanted gold also, so I got her some 03 gold L wheels and the emblems. Anyone needing a full set of platinum emblems, contact me.

Finally got around to taking some pics of my LS. It's amazing how many comments I get about it looking like a 3 - 4 year old car. Lexus sure took their time planning this model and got it right from day one. It's got 254,000 KM. So far, I've replaced the starter, a/c high side hose, and repaired the trunk wiring harness. IS400 mentioned something about experiencing a change in performance when she fixed hers. Could be my imagination, but after the repair, the car feels quicker like it has more torque. I'll get around to doing the climate control display eventually.

Everything is stock. No mods - no aftermarket! Need new tires - maybe around springtime. Like the idea of cooled seats - will have to wait until I get a 430. When I do, the 400 will prob become a project car. Engine teardown, suspension overhaul, etc. Wife wants this car to last forever. Was going to do that with the Volvo, but decided it wasn't worth it. Well guys and gals, here's my baby. Nothing you haven't seen before, but a fair example of what these cars can look like when you take care of them.

RightFront.jpg

LeftRear.jpg

Front2.jpg

LeftFront.jpg

LeftSide2.jpg

DriversSideInt.jpg

InteriorFront.jpg

Console.jpg

BackSeat.jpg

1UZ-FE.jpg

post-5365-1224499665_thumb.jpg

post-5365-1224499957_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
Thanks guys. Python you're right about the mats. I also forgot to do the tires before taking the shots. You'll just have to take my word for that they look great now. Those are actually aftermarket mats out of the Volvo which I don't drive in the summer. Guess I can add mats to the list for spring.

Funny story that. Just before we last moved, I shampooed the carpet and took the mats out to let the floor dry. Well in the confusion of packing for the move, they got left behind with a few other car supplies. I usually buy regular service items like fluids & filters in bulk. Sooooo ... wouldn't you know it, along with those supplies and a few others like shop towels, hand cleaner, etc., the floor mats got left behind and eventually were either thrown out or taken home by somebody. At least I didn't forget the dog. But I'm rather good at that kind of thing. Like leaving cases of pop behind in the shopping cart because they're at the bottom and I never check that area before leaving.:chairshot: Wife doesn't let me buy pop anymore. :P Now if I could only remember to take the change with me when I leave the store. :D

Beautiful, beautiful car! At least you didn't have my experience with the mats - left them on top of the garbage can overnight after cleaning my carpets - forgot that the garbage truck ran in the morning - yep! He took my floor mats!!

Very nice! It's always a pleasure to see someone who takes care of their equipment. I've wheeled and dealed a lot through the years and never had a problem selling anything I put up for sale. I've literally sold some in a matter of a few hours! We once owned a beautiful 1992 Lincoln Mark VII LS. It was a stunning electric current red. We placed it on a resale lot over one hundred miles away and I received a call from a fellow who wanted to buy it. I wasn't able to meet him until two weeks later due to my work schedule, so this guy drove down and paid cash. He said it was the first car he ever bought without at least hearing it run or taking it for a test drive. His comment to me was "as good as the car looked it showed the care I had given it". He later called me and said he was perfectly satisfied. It's a testament to taking care of what you own! Congratulations on a fine job. When you make the move to a 430 I'm sure you'll take as good care of that as well. From a "little further up north"!