Vsc Light, Vsc Off Light And Engine Check Light All On

skipper972

:cries: While driving my 02 SC 430 yesterday, my VSC light, VSC Off light and Engine Check light all came on at the same time. No out of the ordinary driving conditions at the time. Troubleshooting with the owners manual just says see dealer.....and I will, but just wondering if anyone has had this experience so I can know what I'm in for.....cost wise. Thanks

The only times I have seen a similar VSC message on my 00 LS400 has been when a battery began to fail. The owners manual for my LS shows a VSC reset procedure which is used after replacing or reconnecting a battery. See the attachment. It is possible that the reset procedure is different on your SC or it could be some other problem.

In 18 1/2 years of driving V8 Lexus cars, I've never gotten more than four years and change from a battery.

post-2157-1224009298_thumb.jpg

The only times I have seen a similar VSC message on my 00 LS400 has been when a battery began to fail. The owners manual for my LS shows a VSC reset procedure which is used after replacing or reconnecting a battery. See the attachment. It is possible that the reset procedure is different on your SC or it could be some other problem.

In 18 1/2 years of driving V8 Lexus cars, I've never gotten more than four years and change from a battery.

Thanks. Dealer ran all the computer checks and came up with "isolated misfire". All sensors checked out asd did the battery. They say that I most likely got some bad gas.....not what you want to hear since you can't prove it to easily. Anyway, they put some formula 44 in it, ran it for a couple of days....no repeat of the incident.