2005 Rx330

Can anyone tell me where is a good place to purchase a trailer hitch kit with wiring harness at a good price for my RX330

Thanks,

nipit

Try eBay. The genuine Lexus (Toyota) part is just under $300 plus shipping. It fits perfectly and the wiring is included. Some people have had troubles with off-brands, especially the wiring aspect.

Search this forum for feedback.

Can anyone tell me where is a good place to purchase a trailer hitch kit with wiring harness at a good price for my RX330

Thanks,

nipit

Try eBay. The genuine Lexus (Toyota) part is just under $300 plus shipping. It fits perfectly and the wiring is included. Some people have had troubles with off-brands, especially the wiring aspect.

Did that with no luck did see a web site that had that model hitch and light harness included Lexus Parts World .com Any one else use that site for anything Thanks

Thanks,

nipit

Did that with no luck did see a web site that had that model hitch and light harness included Lexus Parts World .com Any one else use that site for anything Thanks

I just ordered one from lexuspartsonline.com it was $212.00 plus $21 for shipping. you can find it under accessories and under the OEM part number. Going for it under accessories makes it $350 plus extra shipping. But if you search by the part number PT22848045, you get the primo price, and it is the Lexus part, and it comes with the wiring harness (according to another site, and a guy that bought it, it has the harness).

Also, if the RX came with the towing prep package, all you do is plug the harness in.

I have not got it yet as they didn't have it in stock, but hopefully this week it will ship.

Got my Hitch Saturday via FedEx. 2 hours later everything was installed and re-assembled. This hitch comes with factory wiring harness pre-installed including the grommet for passing through the body already attached. The instructions are clear, however the kit lists that it comes with a "ball mount" and mine did not - no matter I have one already anyway.

The box says genuine Toyota part, but it had been taped shut, so I believe that maybe they removed the ball mount piece -maybe. There is no picture diagram as to what is included, but there are plenty of diagrams for installation. Also, the instructions are clear that if you don't have the "Tow Package" you need a converter; the part number is listed and instructions for installing it.

Installation is easy and I did it myself. The hardware is composed of all bolts and one nut. There are 2 brackets that mount to the frame, and then the entire hitch assembly mounts to the brackets and the frame. The drivers side mounting bracket that is attached to the frame has bolt welded to it - this is where i diverged from the directions. The directions claim to put the hitch assembly over the muffler first, but this bolt is actually made to use as a one man starting point. I laid the hitch on the ground under the RX and lifted the drivers side up onto the bolt and started the nut on this bolt. Then I lifted the passenger side up and started the bolts there. This is how it should be done, as that is why there is only one nut.

The wiring harness is partially pre-attached to the hitch, and where it requires additional attachment, there are built in connectors and mounting locations - no zip ties or tape required.

I have installed hitches before and this is one of the easiest I have done, and is far superior to aftermarket solutions. For the price, it is actually cheaper then buying an aftermarket hitch and buying a seperate wiring harness. The only cheaper deal is if skip a plug in wiring harness and go for splicing in wires.

Pictures are attached:

post-73437-1214747293_thumb.jpgpost-73437-1214747324_thumb.jpg

post-73437-1214747669_thumb.jpgpost-73437-1214747601_thumb.jpg

post-73437-1214747616_thumb.jpgpost-73437-1214747647_thumb.jpg

post-73437-1214747362_thumb.jpg