Retractable Rear Window Shade

four door

Just ordered a set of four Lexus splash guards for my '92 Ls400. The other must have accessory is a Lexus retractable rear window shade. If anyone has info as to where I can locate one of these window shades (new or used) please advise. These two items were listed as accessories for the 1st gen LS400. I managed to track down the set of new splash guards in Canada at Metro Lexus/Toyota, Victoria, B.C. Anyone interested in a set for their '90-'92 LS400 give Paul a call at 250 386-7541 or email the parts dept <PARTSATMETROLEXUSTOYOTA.COM>. Only about six new sets left in Canada for the 90-92. Not sure about '93 and newer. Thanks, Four Door.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I assumed that I could purchase a manual rear window shade for my recently acquired 2000 LS since I had purchased one for my early LS shortly after I purchased it in 1990. My local dealer told me that the shades were deleted from the accessory catalog in about 1994. The rear shade was nice and it was easy to lower it at night and on dark winter days. I recently tried to find a rear shade in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K. and had no success. I guess the only option now is to tint the rear window and that is scheduled for late December. Attached is a previously published low-res photo of the rear shade in the 90 LS I recently sold.

I too purchased a set of mudflaps from Metro in Victoria for my 2000 LS and I happened to install them earlier tonight. Even with the favorable prices from Metro, they are incredibly expensive compared to similar quality OEM mudflaps for Hondas and Toyotas. Unlike the ones I bought in the U.K. for my 90 LS, the mudflaps for the 2000 LS did not come packaged with instructions (the instructions for the 90 LS mudfaps were in Japanese!) so it took a bit longer to figure out how to install them and especially to understand that I had to remove the three plastic retainers holding the rear bumper cover on each side of the car in order to replace the existing plastic hardware. Even then it took about 1 1/2 hours mainly because it is necessary to remove the wheels to do the drilling.

I think Paul at Metro told me that the same mudflaps are used on 95 through 00 LS but I am not certain of this.

post-4-1071119879.jpg

1990LS400 appreciate the reply re the rear window shade. I spoke with Paul from Metro Lexus Toyota and he said it's a possibility that a US Lexus dealer has one in their obsolete/dead stock. Also from reading posts I think that this accessory might be available in Japan for the Japanese version of the LS400 but I am hindered by not being able to read Japanese. If any member has contacts in Japan I would like to hear from them. Four Door.

Getting a little closer to a rear window shade if there is one left in the world. Contacted member in the New Zealand club and he thinks he might be able to locate one in SE Asia if I can get him a part number. If anyone as access to a parts/accessory list for the 1st gen LS400 ('90-'94) with the part number for the rear window sun shade I might locate one of these. Many thanks in advance, Four Door.

• 9 months later...