Headlights Too Low

i have a problem with the gs300 hid headlights, they autoadjust but they still shoot too low and the dealer told me that they cant be adjusted because of the auto adjust. Has any one had this problem and what did you do to correct it?

Check your owners manual. I am pretty sure I was just reading about how they still can be adjusted.

I would check myself, but it is out in the car and it is raining right now.

In addition, www.lexus.com is down for maintenance so I can't get to the online manual to check either.

steviej

i have a problem with the gs300 hid headlights, they autoadjust but they still shoot too low and the dealer told me that they cant be adjusted because of the auto adjust. Has any one had this problem and what did you do to correct it?

If the "auto adjust" is like the RX350s then it can be adjusted. See this post. It has some pictures of the adjusting device on the RX.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...mp;#entry265503

There are also some posts about adjusting the headlights with screws at the headlight mount.

Try a different dealer, a Toyota dealer, or an independent shop if you don't want to do it yourself.

The dealer is wrong as usual, I have adaptive headlights and I just adjusted them myself. The GS dont make it easy for you to adjust the headlights. You need to remove all the engine covers and the adjustment screw for the low beam vertical is way inside the fender. Tou need a #2 phillip screwdriver with a 12 inch shaft to get to the adjustment screw.