Question On Drl On 98-00 Ls400

LSLex

hi,

as I own an european version of the '99 LS400 I don't have DRL (day running lights). From several pics on the internet I saw DRL on the 98-00 LS400.

Was DRL on those LS standard in US?

If so, can you please give me some information on the wiring? Or do I need some kind of a module I need to hook up to my non-DRL LS400 to become a DRL LS400?

thanks!

DRL was standard on the U.S. specification LS400 beginning in 1999 and was standard on Canadian models many years before than.

It would likely take an analysis of the wiring diagrams for both U.S. and European LS400 models to identify the differences between the lighting systems. My understanding is that there are differences between the lighting systems of U.S. and European specification LS400 models although by 1998, both U.S. and European models may have used the same headlight assemblies.

The headlight assemblies on my 2000 LS400 have labels with instructions in several languages including German so I am assuming the assemblies are the same.

Sorry, that is all the information I can provide. Perhaps someone else on this forum can supply the portion the electrical diagram that shows how the headlights are wired.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
my buddy found a module which we hooked up to the front lights and now we got DRL on our european LS.

Can you provide some details on the module you added? Was it from the dealer or aftermarket? Was is specific to the LS, or generic for any car?

I had a similar post (but for a '96), so am looking for ideas.

Thanks,

John