Is 250 Awd Vs. Audi A4 3.2

I have been a very satisfied Lexus driver for 15 years: 3 ES and currently GS300. My wife also drives a RX400h and loves it. I am currently looking for a new vehicle. I am not overly excited about the current Lexus styling. The IS250 is very nice, but it is almost a little too slick for my taste. From a styling standpoint alone, I like the Audi A4. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I have been a very satisfied Lexus driver for 15 years: 3 ES and currently GS300. My wife also drives a RX400h and loves it. I am currently looking for a new vehicle. I am not overly excited about the current Lexus styling. The IS250 is very nice, but it is almost a little too slick for my taste. From a styling standpoint alone, I like the Audi A4. Any feedback would be appreciated.

are you looking for AWD or no?

If so, the 3.2 quatro, comparably equiped to the IS, is going to be $1000s more (however, I don't know if Audi is wheeling and dealing). A 2.0T would match up on price, but the engine is a 4, rather than a 6, and not as smooth as the Lexus. If you are not looking for AWD, then you are comparing the RWD IS to the FWD Audi--they will handle quite differently. If you aren't getting AWD, it may be hard to come by the IS, and even harder to get one equipped the way you want w/o a special order.

If you want factory nav, Audi's system isn't touch screen, and the Lexus system is way better.

I had the opposite view point as you--I loved the Lexus styling, and did not like Audi. YOU are the one who has to live with your purchase. Both are good cars. Lexus quality is certainly better, but Audi isn't scraping the bottom--it's merely average. Test drive them and go with your gut.

I have worked for both Lexus and Audi doing sales at the dealerships. Here are a few points to help you decide:

1. Either 2.0T or 3.2 QUATTRO A4's will be quicker than a Lexus IS250

2. The Audi is overall a much more solid and more fun to drive car (Quattro of course, if you dont get an Audi quattro, just go for the lexus, Audi FWD is a CVT Transmission and complete trash)

3. The Lexus NAV is MUCH Better, however the Audi Bluetooth is much more intuitive and easier to use

4. Audi has Dedicated iPod connections vs. Lexus AUX Jack

5. Audi will deal (especially if you come let me take care of you down in Newport Beach..haha)

6. Lexus styling is very sleek and luxurious (I like), Audi styling is awesome now that S-Line appearance is standard...however, I LOVE the Audi S-Line TITANIUM package!!!...LOVE IT!!!

7. Even the Lexus AWD does not compare AT ALL to the Audi Quattro....

so here is the quick and easy of it...

If you are a TRUE driver and enjoy driving a car for what its built for and are willing to buy the Quattro...go for the Audi HANDS DOWN...if you just want something squishy and comfortable to putt-putt around in, The lexus is great...Personally I own an IS250 and if I didnt work for lexus at the time I bought it, I'd have gone Audi 2.0T Quattro Manual Transmission in a heartbeat...

The Audi A4 will outperform the IS in snow or on a race track, but I rarely drive in snow, and I never drive on a race track. I picked the IS250AWD because I like the way it looks and drives - and because I plan to keep it for a long time, and Lexus has a good reputation for the cars lasting forever.

I bought my AWD IS250 about 9 months ago. I helped my father-in-law get an '08 2.0T A4 about 2 months ago. Both are great cars. The prices/deals were pretty comparable.

Get the one you like best.

The only advantage of Audi A4 in my humble opinion is an option for 6MT. It could be make a nice combo of 4 doors, AWD, 3.2l engine and 6MT.

Lexus has big advantages in resale value and reliability. All other aspects like AWD, styling, trek time, or 0-60 times are personal in nature.

If you want Audi buy year old and save big. You can actually get 05' S4 which is by far outstanding car except a gas millage.

We looked seriously at the 07 A4, but in the end just couldn't get over the abortion Audi calls the center arm rest/console. That thing totally looks like the designer finished and then someone pointed out they forgot the center console, so they just stuck something on. Not only is it just about worthless, it interferes with the hand brake. That was the crack in the armor that got us looking elsewhere. Yeh, and those hints of electrical and engine quality issues were started to make us feel very uneasy as well. In the end the Audi couldn't match up with Lexus for styling and luxury. Wish I had the Audi rock hard paint though!