Xm Radio Options

I purchased a Certified Pre-Owned 2006 GS AWD300, but it did not have XM Radio factory installed. I called the dealership the other day to see what they would charge me to add a factory XM Radio and was quoted $1000. This seems a little excessive....so I wanted to get some feedback from you all.

Are they charging too much? Are there any alternatives to the Lexus Factory install? (Keeping in mind that I want it integrated with my display unit in the car)

Thanks in advance for any feedback/advice you can provide.

--Duckman

I purchased a Certified Pre-Owned 2006 GS AWD300, but it did not have XM Radio factory installed. I called the dealership the other day to see what they would charge me to add a factory XM Radio and was quoted $1000. This seems a little excessive....so I wanted to get some feedback from you all.

Are they charging too much? Are there any alternatives to the Lexus Factory install? (Keeping in mind that I want it integrated with my display unit in the car)

--Duckman

Here at Lexus of Brookfield its $300.00 for parts and $150.00 for labor. Its a pretty easy install on a GS. I could sell you the kit for $240.00 with TIS installation instructions. Let me know if I can help.

I purchased an 07 GS350 AWD in September that didn't have XM, and the dealer charged $595 to order and install it. Might want to check around at some other dealers and see what they'd charge. And make sure you get the 90 days free service when you sign up for XM -- my dealer said they didn't think it came with any free period but I asked XM about it when activating and got the free 90 days without any problem at all.

Thanks for the info - both of you. I am taking it in for an oil change on Tuesday next week, I am going to try and negotiate the pricing down to a reasonable level.

As for the 90 day free trial, I already have an account with XM Radio for a different radio ID - which I received a free trial for already - so I would be adding a new radio to my account, which is around $7 per month. I guess I could try to receive an additional free trial......might be pushing it though.

--Duckman

I was in the same situation. I already had XM that I got the free trial on back in 2004, and got another freebie again in 2005 on a second vehicle -- the $7 family rate kicked in after the trial period. This time, the XM rep just added the new free trial at the start of my new activation, and then I'll continue with the normal rate when the 3 months is up.

The Twin Cities has two dealerships. I contacted the other dealership (Maplewood) and they quoted me a price of $300 for the parts and $250 for the labor. So....I called MY dealership back (Wayzata) and asked them for another quote and they still said $995. I let them know what Maplewood, which is under the same ownership group, had quoted me...along with the prices I received from Milwaukee and Delaware....and they corrected themselves. They said they were looking at an old price and would install XM Radio for the same price as Maplewood.

It is going to be installed next Tuesday during my oil change visit. :cheers:

Thank you to CeDel and 2JZTWIN TURBO for your feedback....I knew that $1000 was way too much.

--Duckman

--Duckman

I have an 07 GS350 without an XM radio. I have called a few dealers, and I notice there is sometimes a big difference between one Lexus Dealer and another one. I believe I was quoted in the $500 area for the installation and XM radio. If you don't have GPS in your car, they might have to put a shark fin antenna by the back window.

Call around to different Lexus dealers and an ask for a quote.

Good Luck.

Rick

I got it installed yesterday and I am very satisifed! :rolleyes:

The antenna comes up through the trunk and is connected to the rear/passenger side of the car, right next to the trunk. It is about 1" by 1" and about a half inch thick...so it is not terribly visible.

--Duckman