Using Ipod In The Is250

Does anybody use their ipod in the IS250? I was looking for a good ipod integration setup. Has anybody tried the DICE ipod integration kit for Toyota/Lexus? Let me know what you tried and how you liked it. I'm looking for advice on a good ipod integration kit. Any information is appreciated and useful.

Thanx...

• 4 weeks later...

Does anybody use their ipod in the IS250? I was looking for a good ipod integration setup. Has anybody tried the DICE ipod integration kit for Toyota/Lexus? Let me know what you tried and how you liked it. I'm looking for advice on a good ipod integration kit. Any information is appreciated and useful.

Thanx...

my gf has a 250, she just bought a Monster cable with the 3mm headphone jack thing at both ends... one goes into the aux. on the car (in the middle armrest console) and the other in your iPod. sounds pretty clear... def better than the fm. transmitters.

• 4 months later...

I also plug my iPod into the 3.5mm jack in the armrest but am disappointed to find that the iPod charger I have does not allow the armrest to close, so I can't charge my iPod and have the armrest closed at the same time.

Does anyone know where to get a iPod charger that will allow the armrest to close?

Thanx...

Get your dealer to fit the Lexus integration unit. It provides a full interface in the glovebox that switches/charges/plays and use of the steering wheel audio control. No interference either which you get if you charge using the power socket at the same time using the auxiliary jack in the central storage unit.

Thanx...

Get your dealer to fit the Lexus integration unit. It provides a full interface in the glovebox that switches/charges/plays and use of the steering wheel audio control. No interference either which you get if you charge using the power socket at the same time using the auxiliary jack in the central storage unit.

Any info available on pricing of the Lexus dealer installed option?

I understand there is a Service Bulletin that is supposed to fix the buzz through the speakers when the charger is plugged in and the ipod is on. My dealer said it could not be fixed but then I found out about the Service Bulletin. Has anyone gotten that fixed? I have an '08 250.

Thanks

Thanx...

I understand there is a Service Bulletin that is supposed to fix the buzz through the speakers when the charger is plugged in and the ipod is on. My dealer said it could not be fixed but then I found out about the Service Bulletin. Has anyone gotten that fixed? I have an '08 250.

Thanks

Where did you find the service bulletin? (link)

Thanx...

Thanks

Where did you find the service bulletin? (link)

I thought this was already fixed on 08s... I didn't notice any buzz the couple times I had mine plugged in at any rate.

TSIB can be referenced here-

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...=auxiliary+TSIB

I just got the Vaistech product installed last week. The car audio company installed the product inside the center console and ran the USB cable inside the console. So I can just leave it connected in the console, and it keeps it charged. I can select music from the IPOD via the Nav or the steering wheel controls. Only drawback is it will only play music that is in a playlist.

I just got the Vaistech product installed last week. The car audio company installed the product inside the center console and ran the USB cable inside the console. So I can just leave it connected in the console, and it keeps it charged. I can select music from the IPOD via the Nav or the steering wheel controls. Only drawback is it will only play music that is in a playlist.

How much did that system set you back?

Thanx...

Take a look at the Griffin AutoPilot

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/autopilot

Found it at the Apple store - low profile power adapter plugs into ipod dock connector & power plug in the center console, audio cable runs between power plug & aux input in center console box. a great solution, for listening 7 charging at the same time, only one cable connectd to the ipod.

• 2 weeks later...

I am waiting a month until the new Kensington line comes out. Stubby power connector (which is what we need in the IS) and hopefully short wires for center console hookups. One has a bluetooth option, $99. I may try that and upgrade my phone. They all have a little steering wheel remote.

http://us.kensington.com/html/14483.html

Thanx...

Take a look at the Griffin AutoPilot

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/autopilot

Found it at the Apple store - low profile power adapter plugs into ipod dock connector & power plug in the center console, audio cable runs between power plug & aux input in center console box. a great solution, for listening 7 charging at the same time, only one cable connectd to the ipod.

I have the Monster charger and ipod dock connector on my '08 IS 250. If I play the Ipod with the charger connected I get a buzz in the speakers. Dealer said could not fix it but I found a Technical Service Bulletin that I will bring to them when I go for the 5K service. The Monster product worked fine on my '06 BMW but that car turned out to be a lemon otherwise.

If anyone is interested, Lexus is coming out with their own Ipod integration unit. It will connect through the glove box and will recharge your ipod as well. Your vehicle has to be satellite ready since it works through the SAT input. This is a limitation of the Lexus version since you can't have the factory satellite radio and the ipod. Its either the ipod or satellite radio, not both. No official announcement from Lexus, but the kit is available for order.

If anyone is interested, Lexus is coming out with their own Ipod integration unit. It will connect through the glove box and will recharge your ipod as well. Your vehicle has to be satellite ready since it works through the SAT input. This is a limitation of the Lexus version since you can't have the factory satellite radio and the ipod. Its either the ipod or satellite radio, not both. No official announcement from Lexus, but the kit is available for order.

Link please?

Link please?

http://www.lexus.com/models/RX/accessories...t_for_iPod.html

For some stupid reason its only showing in the RX accessory web page, but it is available for 2007-2008 GS350/460/450h, ES350, IS250/350/IS F, and RX350/400h.

• 4 weeks later...

Link please?

http://www.lexus.com/models/RX/accessories...t_for_iPod.html

For some stupid reason its only showing in the RX accessory web page, but it is available for 2007-2008 GS350/460/450h, ES350, IS250/350/IS F, and RX350/400h.

Hey there Gordonw and anyone else out there who might have the answer I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on getting a new 08-250 and I was wondering on the operation of that iPod integration unit on Lexus's website. Can you browse your entire library or only playlists? Because that would stink. Also I heard people talking about interference that wasn't from the Lexus 1 was it? Also if anyone has any general tips on what to look out for when buying mine please drop me a line and let me know. Thanks

This thread has the dealer pricing sheet in .pdf form.

INVOICE/MSRP

Part only: $176/$246

Installed: $218/$299

Do not overpay for this item. ;)

• Controls the iPod through the radio buttons and steering wheel audio controls

• Displays the music text information on the radio’s display

• Has the ability to search and play back by song, artist, album, audio books, genre and even play lists

• Provides direct high quality audio connection

• Charges the iPod while the vehicle is running

• Comes with all cables necessary to get started

• Glove box location enhances security by keeping the iPod out of site

This unit only works on 2007-2008, NOT 2006.

If anyone has this installed, I'd like to know if it picks up in the middle of the song where you left off when you get back in the car.

• 2 months later...

Just to update this, I was talking to someone who works at Vaitech, and thier new SL2VI will play videos off your ipod also now. I guess it's either just coming out now, or will be out in the next few weeks. And if you bought a Vaitech already and want the upgrade, you can get (buy), the upgrade without having to purchase a whole new unit. I have been looking into this and I think this is the way I am going to go.

click me

INVOICE/MSRP

• Has the ability to search and play back by song, artist, album, audio books, genre and even play lists

If anyone has this installed, I'd like to know if it picks up in the middle of the song where you left off when you get back in the car.

DAMN! I just called Lexus of Wayzata (Minnesota) and the associate i talked to said the part was $299, installed it was $500. How does each dealership come up with that price? If the .pdf the other poster linked to is correct, they are marking the installation up by $200. I would really like this as i have an iPhone but i'm not willing to pay $500 for it.

INVOICE/MSRP

DAMN! I just called Lexus of Wayzata (Minnesota) and the associate i talked to said the part was $299, installed it was $500. How does each dealership come up with that price? If the .pdf the other poster linked to is correct, they are marking the installation up by $200. I would really like this as i have an iPhone but i'm not willing to pay $500 for it.

Butcher:

Go to the dealer w/the dealer pricing pdf form. I was quoted $999 to install XM, told me they had to run wires all the way up to and connnect into the head unit (which is not true). I called for the Service Manager and showed him the pdf of installation instructions, he want away and came back with a price of $480.

I have not seen out right lying in a dealer service area since my 1980 Monte Carlo...unbelievable. I thought these jokers learned.