Disabling The Seat Belt Alarm

430er

There are many occasions when, e.g., a passenger unlocks the seatbelt when moving at low speeds preparing to drop off, etc. when the alarm is especially annoying. does anyone know how to disable the alarm in a 2006 SC 430? I know when to wear a seat belt and do all the time, and do not need this feature.

I've seen posts about the IS, but those solutions don't appear to work for the SC. Any help, please. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

There are many occasions when, e.g., a passenger unlocks the seatbelt when moving at low speeds preparing to drop off, etc. when the alarm is especially annoying. does anyone know how to disable the alarm in a 2006 SC 430? I know when to wear a seat belt and do all the time, and do not need this feature.

I've seen posts about the IS, but those solutions don't appear to work for the SC. Any help, please. Thanks.

I hate the damn thing too. More of a nag than my ex-mother-in-law, and that's saying something. The dealer says it can't be disabled. I hope he's wrong.

mmg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ask your local dealer for a seat belt extender. It won't cost anything. If you leave it plugged in your problem should be solved. I wouldn't tell them thats what you're using it for though.

Try this:

Buzzer Reminder Cancel Mode Setting

1) Set the LCD on the combination meter to the ODO display.

2) Press and hold the TRIP meter reset knob for ten seconds or more within six seconds of turning

the ignition switch to the ON position. Fastening the driver’s seat belt while holding the knob cancels

the buzzer reminder.

3) When this occurs, the LCD displays “b-OFF”. The buzzer reminder can be switched between ON

and OFF each time the TRIP meter reset knob is pressed. The LCD displays “b-ON” or “b-OFF”

according to the buzzer reminder ON/OFF status. The display changes to the ODO or TRIP meter

if the knob is not pressed for ten seconds.

4) Performing steps 1) and 2) again when the buzzer reminder is off exits cancel mode.

5) The cancel mode will also exit when the battery or combination meter connector is reconnected.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 15 years later...

The instructions to turn off the seat belt buzzer is correct except for #2 should be press the ODO button, not the trip reset button.  Or…at least that’s how it worked for my 06.

Edited by RichardMor