Diy-bluetooth Your Lexus

As promised; here's my detailed instructions on how I installed my Parrot 3200LS into my LS430.

There is also a beginning section answering all the random phone questions and detailling what I could find out about the whole Lexus phone setup.

The installation has the following features:

• Voice activated dialing (through carkit voice tags)
  • Address book sync with my Blackberry 8700 on startup
  • Sound through the left rear door speaker just like god (and Lexus) intended
  • Microphone hidden in the overhead module out of sight
  • Fold-away screen in the center storage box
  • NO cutting or alteration of the car's wiring harness
  • A connector for an external antenna (should I find a way to connect one to the crackberry)
  • A very nice "L" wallpaper.

I use it quite a bit; I'm thinking about going back in and removing the front plastic cover of the microphone to get slightly better sound quality, but all in all it's been great and worth the effort.

lexus_telephony_pt1.pdf

lexus_telephony_pt2.pdf

lexus_telephony_pt3.pdf

• 2 years later...

Is there a 4th file? The 3rd PDF file ended abruptly....

As promised; here's my detailed instructions on how I installed my Parrot 3200LS into my LS430.

There is also a beginning section answering all the random phone questions and detailling what I could find out about the whole Lexus phone setup.

• A connector for an external antenna (should I find a way to connect one to the crackberry)

I use it quite a bit; I'm thinking about going back in and removing the front plastic cover of the microphone to get slightly better sound quality, but all in all it's been great and worth the effort.

Nope, I just didn't have anything more to say... but if you have any specific questions I'm happy to try to answer them.

Is there a 4th file? The 3rd PDF file ended abruptly....

• 8 months later...

Jainla- super info - thanks for your contribution. I just did not have the guts to DIY so I went to Best Buy which had several models of the Parrot for sale The tech told me that the Parrot would not work in my 01 LS430 because it has the Mark Levinson upgrade. Something about "crossovers" at the amp. Do you agree?

Steve

Jainla- super info - thanks for your contribution. I just did not have the guts to DIY so I went to Best Buy which had several models of the Parrot for sale The tech told me that the Parrot would not work in my 01 LS430 because it has the Mark Levinson upgrade. Something about "crossovers" at the amp. Do you agree?

Steve

I'm not speaking for Jainla - the head wizzard of phone kits - but the adapter harnesses listed for Parrot kits at http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/Find/find.php for the 2001 LS430 say that they are for "All incl Mark Levinson".

Steve

I'm not speaking for Jainla - the head wizzard of phone kits - but the adapter harnesses listed for Parrot kits at http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/Find/find.php for the 2001 LS430 say that they are for "All incl Mark Levinson".

Thanks Jim- I'll check out the link. By the way- GREAT avatar you have, from one of my favorite movies

Steve