Turning Off The Seatbelt Warning.

Hello guys:

Anyone that knows how to turn off the seatbelt warning will be great. I have tried the following hack, but it doesn't work...I wonder if it's because mine is a 2007 IS..THANKS!

1. turn the key to the ON position (press Start 2 times), foot off the brake

2. cycle the odometer with the trip reset button until the ODO is displayed (not trip A or B )

3. turn the ignition to the LOCK (OFF) position

4. unbuckle the driver's seatbelt if it was buckled.

5. turn the key to the ON position (Press Start 2 times). when the dash lights have come on, press and hold the trip reset button and count a slow 12 seconds. (editor's note, hold it more like 30 sec)

6. while still holding the trip reset button, buckle the driver's side seatbelt.

7. the odometer display should read "b ON" or "b OFF". toggle the beep OFF with the trip reset.

8. the process should be completed when you unbuckle or turn the key off

anyone??

Hello guys:

Anyone that knows how to turn off the seatbelt warning will be great. I have tried the following hack, but it doesn't work...I wonder if it's because mine is a 2007 IS..THANKS!

2. cycle the odometer with the trip reset button until the ODO is displayed (not trip A or B )

5. turn the key to the ON position (Press Start 2 times). when the dash lights have come on, press and hold the trip reset button and count a slow 12 seconds. (editor's note, hold it more like 30 sec)

6. while still holding the trip reset button, buckle the driver's side seatbelt.

7. the odometer display should read "b ON" or "b OFF". toggle the beep OFF with the trip reset.

anyone??

Lemonfootball,

Have you figured it out yet? I have the 07 250 rwd, did it on my first try. I actually started with step 5.

I tried it, but it didn't work, I have a question on #5 since I need to press and hold the button, the odometer display NEVER moved or display b on or b off, it just stay at the odometer, shouldn't I turn instead of HOLD? Please help.

The trick is on step 6. It's kind of hard for me to keep pressing and holding the trip reset button while putting on the seatbelt. I have to switch hand (while still making sure that the reset button is pressed and held). Then the magic "b-off" showed up for me so I just switched to "b-on" and the rest is history... :)

Good luck!

I tried it, but it didn't work, I have a question on #5 since I need to press and hold the button, the odometer display NEVER moved or display b on or b off, it just stay at the odometer, shouldn't I turn instead of HOLD? Please help.

The trick is on step 6. It's kind of hard for me to keep pressing and holding the trip reset button while putting on the seatbelt. I have to switch hand (while still making sure that the reset button is pressed and held). Then the magic "b-off" showed up for me so I just switched to "b-on" and the rest is history... :)

Good luck!

Sorry it's the other way around...b-on then i swiched to b-off. it's hard to do this at work. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!

How did you finally do it? I'm stuck with step #3 & #5.

1. turn the key to the ON position (press Start 2 times), foot off the brake. Got it!

2. cycle the odometer with the trip reset button until the ODO is displayed (not trip A or B ) Got it!

3. turn the ignition to the LOCK (OFF) position. How do you TURN anything but the volume knob? :censored:

4. unbuckle the driver's seatbelt if it was buckled. Got it!

6. while still holding the trip reset button, buckle the driver's side seatbelt. How do you TURN anything but the volume knob? :censored:

8. the process should be completed when you unbuckle or turn the key off.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

I tried the procedure on an 08 RX350 and it worked great. A difference is that the driver's beep now goes four times and then stops instead of infinitely. There must be some kind of law that requires a minimum warning. The passenger side beeping has not been tried yet.

Also, turning the key to START starts the car whether the foot is on the brake or not. Another trick is to use a small plastic hand clamp to extend the seatbelt all the way and clip it by the retractor. That makes the seatbelt step easier.

Hey guys, the 2007 models do not have any key ignition!!! Its got a PUSH START button!!

Hello guys:

anyone??

Hey guys, the 2007 models do not have any key ignition!!! Its got a PUSH START button!!
Hello guys:

anyone??

So just substitute button pushes for key turns.

Hello guys:

anyone??

So just substitute button pushes for key turns.

and make sure to not hold the brake cause youll just turn the car on!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw a new CTS in the garage this morning. I went over to look at it, and the seatbelt was connected, even though no one was in the car (looked like some of those late '80s early '90s GM "automatic seatbelt" configurations, except the belt wasn't coming out of the door). I guess Caddy doesnt have a hidden procedure to disable seatbelt alarms.

I love this post...you just solved the only real beef I have with my 07 IS350. The seatbelt alarm drove me insane...no more! Thank you!!!

you can also just put the seatbelt on.

I'm with you about always wearing a seatbelt.

However, just last week I experienced the annoyance of the alarm... I dropped my wife off at the train station and once I started rolling again (without her), the alarm started going off. The car assumed she was still in the passenger seat. And since her seatbelt was not connected - the alarm rang for almost a minute before silencing.

Does anyone know if this is because I did not put the car in Park when she popped off the seatbelt and opened the door? I haven't had a chance to test it that way. I know there's a sensor in the seat to determine if anyone is there for the airbag deployment...maybe mine isn't functioning correctly?

I love this post...you just solved the only real beef I have with my 07 IS350. The seatbelt alarm drove me insane...no more! Thank you!!!

However, just last week I experienced the annoyance of the alarm... I dropped my wife off at the train station and once I started rolling again (without her), the alarm started going off. The car assumed she was still in the passenger seat. And since her seatbelt was not connected - the alarm rang for almost a minute before silencing.

Does anyone know if this is because I did not put the car in Park when she popped off the seatbelt and opened the door? I haven't had a chance to test it that way. I know there's a sensor in the seat to determine if anyone is there for the airbag deployment...maybe mine isn't functioning correctly?

This doesn't make sense. You are correct about the airbag--the passenger seat has a sensor in it to determine if there is a passenger, and if so, how big the passenger is. That's why there's an Airbag On/Airbag Off light. The Airbag On light comes on when there's a passenger. The Airbag Off light comes on if there's a passenger detected that is small (like a child) and would potentially be hurt by the force of the airbag. How can the system properly detect the presence of a passenger for the airbag, but not the seatbelt?

==========

If a briefcase or something with certain weight on the seat the warning blows; also, if the seatbelt was left half pulled or so the warning signals. May be the latter is the reason and it stopped when the belt slided back to its position.