High Beam Headlight Alignment

hth

I was able to adjust my low beam headlights using the bubble levels on the headlight assemblies and the horizontal guides inside the light assemblies. There are no such guides for the high beams that I can find. How does one adjust the high beams correctly or does this have to be done by a dealer with special tools?

Here are the directions.

Thanks for the reply and instructions. After comparing the various part descriptions and so on I note that the instructions that you provided show two beam angle gauges, one for the low and the other for the high beams. My particular car only has one beam angle gauge and it is for the low beams only. I am still at loss as to how to calibrate the high beams.

Here is a file directly from the service manual, depicting only one beam angle gauge and one bubble level. My service data suggests that there is only one bubble level from 1998 to 2001. In 2002, an additional bubble level was added for the high beam, but no angle gauge. This particular file includes a measurement procedure for checking alignment. Curiously, it makes no mention of checking the high beams.

I now wonder myself what is the correct procedure. Don't tell anybody, but I do my alignments by hand and eye. (I do have an alignment machine.) I don't believe anyone in my shop has ever used it.

Headlamp_Adjustment_1998_thru_2001.pdf