Headlight Leveling Light After Spring Install! (help!)

arl3314

Well today I got my Eibach springs installed and for some reason my leveling light came on, on my dash! Could anyone tell me how I can get rid of it? Was it because the springs dropped the car 1inch? Any imput would be great. Thanks.

Would you know if the sensor in the back takes care of both light? Or do I need to mess with the front one too? thanks.

Nobody ever messes with the front ones.

You can see the back one just by getting down on the ground behind the left rear wheel an shining a flashlight on it. No need to even jack up the car.

Would you know if the sensor in the back takes care of both light? Or do I need to mess with the front one too? thanks.

Nobody ever messes with the front ones.

You can see the back one just by getting down on the ground behind the left rear wheel an shining a flashlight on it. No need to even jack up the car.

Perfect, I just wanted to make sure to just mess with the rear one(only one right?)then instead of messing something else up. thanks soo much for the quick reply's.

I had an alignment done at the dealer and they broke my abs sensor as well as my headlight leveling seems to have an issue with the light on the dash also.

It starts OK but after i drive about 100 feet it turns on the indicator on my dash. I am hoping it has something to do with the ABS sensor which should be changed shortly.

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue. The light on the dash comes up saying that the lights need to be adjusted. Or Reset.

I had lexus look at it and find out what the issue was. They came back and told me the Height Sensors were bad and both of them needed to be replaced.

Would the dealer be aware of the issues you guys brought about about adjustments needing to be done when suspension work is done?

Not that I have had any suspension work done, but my rear right side wheel has a strut that needs to be replaced.

Would this case the hieght sensors go out?

Sorry I'm not that informed here about tech stuff, so go easy on me!

I have the same issue. The light on the dash comes up saying that the lights need to be adjusted. Or Reset.

I had lexus look at it and find out what the issue was. They came back and told me the Height Sensors were bad and both of them needed to be replaced.

Would the dealer be aware of the issues you guys brought about about adjustments needing to be done when suspension work is done?

Not that I have had any suspension work done, but my rear right side wheel has a strut that needs to be replaced.

Would this case the hieght sensors go out?

Sorry I'm not that informed here about tech stuff, so go easy on me!

If your rear leveling arm looks like the one in the picture in this thread, then it's most likely not the problem. You can see this easily by looking up from behind the left rear wheel. You don't even need to jack up the car.

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=20049...dlight+leveling

Sensors do go bad from getting wet and corroding. I've been hearing of this problem from owners with between 50,000 and 100,000 miles.

The dealer has no clue on what is wrong which is why they are telling you to replace both sensors.

Do the headlights calibrate at startup by going down and up?

yes in fact the headlights calibrate at start up. I'm starting to think that perhaps your right about the dealers comments about the sensors being bad. I'll have to adjust the rear sensor and see if that helps take the dash board light away.

I have about 82k miles on the car. So I'll find out if in fact the sensors are bad or not.

what exactly is the parts called in case they do need to be replaced? I want to be able to make the purchase of the parts on my own by researching online. I know the dealer qouted me at $364.00

Adjust the sensor by loosening the bolt and moving it down.

By lowering the suspension the rear sensor is now reading it as the the rear is lower which would make the lights point up. By lowering the bolt it think the height in the rear is increased which will make the headlights adjust upwards.